Author Topic: bhaji kabab  (Read 2255 times)

Offline madpower

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
bhaji kabab
« on: March 28, 2018, 02:24 AM »
I did a little experimenting in the kitchen today and came up with a tasty little starter,i had already cooked some sausage shaped shami kebabs and had some left over along with some  onion bhaji dough,so i covered the kabab with the dough and deep fried it,i added a little extra rice and gram flour to make the dough stiffer and easier to work with,but got to say we really enjoyed them.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: bhaji kabab
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 09:38 AM »
Brilliant work Madpower. A meat and onions version of Deep Fried Mars Bar.  That will be a definite tryer for me when I finally manage to do a decent Bhaji dough .  My attempts so far, only a few, have been pretty disappointing.  My family don't seem interested so I haven't pursued it.  Maybe I should try again.

Offline madpower

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 11:25 AM »
Thanks livo,yes give it ago because the meat gives the dough a good  flavor as it is cooking.,my bhajis are quite simple but tasty enough,i just use gram flour,coconut powder,rice flour,mixed powder,seeds from a couple of cardamon pods,cumin seeds,garlic powder,chilli flakes,salt egg and thinly sliced onion(that i leave to blanch in hot water for half hour),these ones seem to be everyones favourite that i make myself.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 12:01 PM »
May well be worth trying ajwain as well; works extremely well in such dishes, IMHO.
** Phil.

littlechilie

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 01:55 PM »
May well be worth trying ajwain as well; works extremely well in such dishes, IMHO.
** Phil.

Just touching on ajwain seeds these are something I typically found in Welsh British Indian restaurant cooking, especially in bir rice dishes.  I was initially puzzled by the discovery of the small insignificant seeds to the point that I reclaimed a few, I then transported them back to my home. After examining and researching I discover them to be Ajwain seeds.
Ajwain are now a firm favourite of mine.

Hi Madpower, onion bhajis don

Offline madpower

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 11:02 PM »
hi littlechilli,i always make my bhajji batter this way then keep it in the fridge until needed,i added extra flour because it was to wet to work with,just an idea i came up with when i was about to throw the batter away,but im glad i didnt they turned out quite good

littlechilie

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 08:50 AM »
hi littlechilli,i always make my bhajji batter this way then keep it in the fridge until needed,i added extra flour because it was to wet to work with,just an idea i came up with when i was about to throw the batter away,but im glad i didnt they turned out quite good

Hi MP, Thank you for replying with your update, they sound absolutely delicious. It would be great if you could post some pictures.

Offline madpower

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2018, 11:44 AM »
Cheers LC,i will post some pics next time i make them,i have none left at the moment.

©2024 Curry Recipes