Author Topic: A Schoville Unit Too Far?  (Read 6288 times)

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: A Schoville Unit Too Far?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 11:04 AM »
Narrowed the arteries in his brain. Ahahahaha. He may just have had a little bit of significant narrowing before attempting this brilliant stunt. I have no sympathy for any idiot who does stupid things with chillies. It's a bit like train surfing or eating magic mushrooms.

But you have to admit that watching videos of idiots eating hot chillies is as funny as cat videos. Why do we take humour in seeing idiots suffer? ;D Because it's hilarious.

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 06:28 PM »
People try the hottest peppers for the adrenalin rush and the release of endorphins that give you a natural high.
 The superhot chillies cause pain that in turn causes the brain to release endorphins (natural pain reliever) giving the person a high, which is followed by a feeling of great relaxation once the 'burn' of the chilli has subsided.
 It can become a form of addiction in the search for both the next chilli hit and the quest to eat the hottest pepper ! Currently the Carolina Reaper is the official hottest pepper, but there are definately hotter out there that are still at an F4 or earlier stage and cannot be officially tested as they are not stable.
 I have tried nearly all the superhots but only in small quantities, although I did eat a full brainstrain chilli once that had me dancing around the kitchen for a good 20 minutes, it certainly released the endorphins, and was followed by a feeling of great calmness and well being, but the next day I had stomach cramps like I have never experienced before and thought at one point I would need an ambulance! ;D
 Still not as pleasurable as the mushroom option  :)

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 07:51 PM »
But you have to admit that watching videos of idiots eating hot chillies is as funny as cat videos.

Not convinced of that, Livo -- I have seen a video recording of a girl in absolute agony after trying one of these stupid chilli-eating stunts, and it wasn't funny at all -- well, not to me anyway, she looked absolutely petrified, in fear of her life.

** Phil.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 08:20 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 09:30 PM »
You are correct Phil. I saw one with a young bloke who immediately began purging and then collapsed. It isn't really funny at all, even though the people with him were in hysterics. The look of shock on the faces always amazes me. What do they expect?

Offline chewytikka

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 10:41 PM »
My Dancing Cat eats Ghost Pepper Whiskers
Now theres an Idea for a viral vid. ;)

Anyhoo, this topic reminded me of this woman having a good go at it +

https://youtu.be/MhfobnpvhnA

cheers Chewy

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2018, 10:50 PM »
The human condition is sometimes a very odd thing. Why would anybody willingly do that? :o

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 09:07 AM »
...although I did eat a full brainstrain chilli once that had me dancing around the kitchen for a good 20 minutes...

;D

Offline Madrasandy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 06:05 PM »
It's a bit like train surfing or eating magic mushrooms. .

I have no idea on train surfing but the magic of magic mushrooms may well be beneficial in more ways than one according to the BBC

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2018, 09:07 PM »
How about that? Gold tops and Blue meanies on the breakfast menu at the local clinic. Who'd have thunk it?

©2024 Curry Recipes