Author Topic: Chicken Pakora  (Read 3787 times)

Offline hs01

• Chef
    • View Profile
Chicken Pakora
« on: May 04, 2018, 08:37 PM »
Hi, I tried to log in the other week and thought that the site was down/finished. I am a bit of a lurker who pops in now and again, I know I don't post enough, but I have so many other things to attend to. Anyway just a thank you to the moderators who keep the site going, you do a great job. Here is a wee picture of some Pakora I made tonight. I will try to post more often. Kudos.

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Pakora
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 09:24 AM »
Looks absolutely delicious! May I ask what recipe you use?

Offline hs01

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 05:42 AM »
Hi, I can't take credit for the recipe, it is a variation of one by "Big Boaby" .
About 1lb chicken  breast, cut to the size of your pinky
1 Tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 Tbsp lemon juice
Mix and leave for 10 mins

1tsp salt
1 Tbsp tandoori masala
1 tsp kitchen king or mix powder
1 tsp methi
good pinch red colouring (I use red and yellow to give orange colour)
Gram flour
Water

Add the spices , colouring and salt and mix, add gram flour, about a good desert spoon and mix, add some tepid water, mix , add gram flour. You are mixing this by hand (a food glove is a help) You are aiming to coat the chicken in a thick batter.
Fry in a deep fat fryer I batches at 160 deg for about 7 mins..

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 07:22 AM »
Thanks, hs01! :)

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 09:26 AM »
Looks nice. A Pakistani lady whose husband had a shop near me used to make me pakora as my missus used to sometimes pick their kids up from school. Absolutely fantastic, best I've ever had

Offline Brouse

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 12:04 PM »
That looks so delicious, hs01. I really want to give Pakora a shot too now. Cheers for the recipe!

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2018, 11:06 AM »
Hi, I tried to log in the other week and thought that the site was down/finished. I am a bit of a lurker who pops in now and again, I know I don't post enough, but I have so many other things to attend to. Anyway just a thank you to the moderators who keep the site going, you do a great job.

What a delicious looking serving of food.

Don't worry about not posting enough, though. Thank goodness this forum is not run like at least one other forum where the dictator who is in absolute control will prevent much access if you don't post often enough. It must be good to have many other interests, rather than becoming a kind of obsessed worker bee for a dictator. Another point - the existence of this forum is thanks to the owner, and almost nothing to do with moderators.

How does your recipe vary from the original by big boaby?

©2024 Curry Recipes