Author Topic: Lost web link!  (Read 4292 times)

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Lost web link!
« on: May 06, 2018, 08:44 AM »
A little while ago someone posted a web link to a site with spice mix's, herb mix's and other's on there, and I'm darned if I can find it, Can anyone remember where it was?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 11:28 AM by Les »

Offline pap rika

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Lost web link!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 11:52 AM »
 Might be barking up the wrong tree. But could this be what you are referring to

https://web.archive.org/web/20140628044256/http://www.celtnet.org.uk/recipes/miscellaneous/spice-blend.php

Regards pap rika

Offline Les

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 01:27 PM »
Might be barking up the wrong tree. But could this be what you are referring to

https://web.archive.org/web/20140628044256/http://www.celtnet.org.uk/recipes/miscellaneous/spice-blend.php

Regards pap rika

Bingo, That's the one my friend, Cheers pap rika

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2018, 02:30 PM »
Might be barking up the wrong tree ...
Not confusing cassia bark and cinnamon again, surely ?! :)

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 12:03 PM »
I actually gave you credit Phil for my being able to relocate this valuable internet resource. Obviously someone found it useful. Here is an Australian saying that I first heard from my Scot grandfather.  https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Pull%20your%20head%20in

I have defended you in the past. Never again. CT was right. Ignore the troll above Over and out

The other site members must be laughing their heads off by now. BIR site where the main topic is pizza bases.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2018, 12:10 PM »
Glad you found the archived site useful Les. Not fully functional but still a valuable resource. I've been dragging as much as I can from it before it disappears. Lack of money and a huge job made it unworkable for the site admin. Such a shame.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2018, 02:08 PM »
I have defended you in the past. Never again. CT was right. Ignore the troll above Over and out

If you are really unable to see that my message was a joke, Livo, a friendly leg-pull/banter (note the "?!" and ":)" at the end), then I can only feel sorry for you -- the chip that you Aussies carry on your shoulders must be one hell of a weight.

** Phil.

Offline Les

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2018, 03:11 PM »
Glad you found the archived site useful Les. Not fully functional but still a valuable resource. I've been dragging as much as I can from it before it disappears. Lack of money and a huge job made it unworkable for the site admin. Such a shame.

I to think that this is a good source of info, and some of these curry powder recipes I'm going to try out, (just to see what the taste is like)
So thanks for putting it up for us Livo. It's a shame that it may close down.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2018, 04:46 AM »
The Celtnet.org site is already closed down Les.  This link is to an archived snapshot of the web from a few years ago. I'm not sure how long these archives last. To be honest, and to give credit where due, I only found it after Phil illustrated how he was able to unearth another lost site for someone.  I then applied his principle to dig the Celtnet.org site archives out.  I had previously found it to be a treasure chest of interesting and unique recipes and formula and I thought it was lost for good.

Phil, if as you say, the obvious (to me), allusion toward me by yourself, in this otherwise unrelated post, was in fact a joke, I failed to see the humour or the need, but I give you the benefit of the doubt and retract my call for you to "pull your head in".  My mood upon reading this yesterday was not conducive to having the micky taken but you weren't to know that.  Other than the fact that it was me who posted the original requested link to the Celtnet.org archive, I had made no contribution to this thread and found your reference insulting on first read and ?  :)  did not strike me as an explanation of jest.  To set the record straight, I never confused Cassia with Cinnamon and our previous related discussion was just that and a clarification of the close botanical connections between the various forms of these spices.  I failed to see the relevance or humour in your post. I have no "chip on my shoulders" and even if I did have, I would reject any reference to such, based on my geographical position or nationality as utterly ridiculous.  I do not require any pity but thank you for your kind offering anyway. :-* :-* :-*

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2018, 08:12 AM »
"Least said, soonest mended" but I would just like to gently point out that it was not you that I (jokingly) suggested could confuse cassia bark with cinnamon but was in fact "pap rika" and was in response to his "might be barking up the wrong tree ...".  The barking/bark joke opportunity seemed just too good to miss  ...

** Phil.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 08:29 AM by Peripatetic Phil »

©2024 Curry Recipes