Author Topic: How can a curry kit or curry paste possibly make up for no curry base?  (Read 23221 times)

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile

ELW thanks so much for taking the time to reply and your helpful and kind post and for making a new comer and new to learing about Indian cooking to the forum feel so welcome, thank you. Yes I now know that the Punjabi and Ashokas use G and G paste in the final dish unlike Bengali resturants/take aways, I must apologize for not reading this in the forum previously before posting otherwise I would have known why the currys in the West of Scotland whos main influence is Punjabi cuisine has a G and G taste to their dishes. Again please accept my apologies ELW  I should have read the forum in more depth and I would have found the answer.

So reminiscent of Littlechilie's posts. Coincidentally, Littlechilie no longer seems to be a member!!

Offline CURRYISNICE

• Chef
    • View Profile

ELW thanks so much for taking the time to reply and your helpful and kind post and for making a new comer and new to learing about Indian cooking to the forum feel so welcome, thank you. Yes I now know that the Punjabi and Ashokas use G and G paste in the final dish unlike Bengali resturants/take aways, I must apologize for not reading this in the forum previously before posting otherwise I would have known why the currys in the West of Scotland whos main influence is Punjabi cuisine has a G and G taste to their dishes. Again please accept my apologies ELW  I should have read the forum in more depth and I would have found the answer.

So reminiscent of Littlechilie's posts. Coincidentally, Littlechilie no longer seems to be a member!!

Thanks Garp for your helpful post. Who is Littlechilie, I have not heard of this person, are you implying I am Littlechilie?

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
I was simply making an observation that, to me, your sentence structure, grammar and use of punctuation is very similar to said ex-member.

Some other similarities exist; such as your seeming inability to actually understand what is being presented before you. In ELW's post, he points to the Ashoka recipes using pre-fried G/G paste in their recipes, and you seem to suggest that you have actually read some of the recipes/methods. But then you go on to say

Yes I now know that the Punjabi and Ashokas use G and G paste in the final dish unlike Bengali resturants/take aways,

still seeming to believe, or try to give the impression that you believe, that raw ginger and garlic is added to the final dish.

If you had actually read any of the Ashoka threads, you would have known that they fry G/G at the initial stage then save it in oil. Then.......when putting together a dish, they again add it to the oil, in the early cooking process.

Once again, a very similar trait to that displayed by said ex-member.

Offline CURRYISNICE

• Chef
    • View Profile

Thanks Garp, all very complex to me this cooking things lol but getting there thanks to helpful and patient people such as you and ELW which I appreciate alot.

Well I was wondering was why there is a raw G&G flavour to the finished dish in curries in west Scotland and as it has been explained by DalPuri who was helpful and he said QUOTE.

" I'm not keen on Scottish curries for this same reason.
The difference being, Bengali's will fry the garlic and ginger at the beginning, where as Punjabi's will add it after the sauce has gone in giving a raw G&G flavour to the finished dish."

So that explains why. So mystery solved :)

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
I give up.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Who is Littlechilie, I have not heard of this person, are you implying I am Littlechilie?

"Littlechilie" was a regular contributor to this forum who almost certainly took exception to twice being called "Elsie" by one of our regular trolls :

Some photos to keep Elsie happy....

Hmmm.... avatar is different. Spelling is certainly "different" but the chip on your shoulder identifies you oh so clearly.  You really have issues Elsie.  ::)

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Your post, dear Phillip, is the definition of trolling:

'making random unsolicited and/or controversial comments on various internet forums with the intent to provoke an emotional knee jerk reaction from unsuspecting readers to engage in a fight or argument'

Why bring Sverige into this when he has had no involvement, other than for trolling purposes?

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Because it was almost certainly his repeated use of "Elsie" to refer to LC that was the cause of the latter leaving this forum. 

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
I think, by that response, we can all assume you are admitting to trolling; something which you accused Sverige of, when he had absolutely no contribution to this thread.

Personally, I have found Sverige a gentleman and a great contributor to this forum, as I have you Phil. Sad to see you stooping so low.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
[quote author=Martin Niem
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 07:53 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

©2024 Curry Recipes