Author Topic: Putting things in perspective  (Read 1344 times)

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Putting things in perspective
« on: May 09, 2018, 07:47 AM »
Life has not been particularly easy since moving to Cornwall some six months ago, and there have been times when I have felt very sorry for myself and very depressed, but I have just read two articles in the South China Morning Post which literally moved me to tears and which helped me to put things in perspective.  I thought I should share them with others.

** Phil.

Offline Ghoulie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Re: Putting things in perspective
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 04:30 PM »
There is a new play out called Mountains - it is the story of the grandma (Lily Kwok)  of the 2 Chinese girls who own the Sweet Mandarin restaurant in Manchester ( famed for winning Gordon Ramseys best local Chinese etc.) and her journey from China / Hong Kong to the UK and success in opening a Chinese restauarant in Middleton , Manchester.  A Harrowing tale (used / raped by Japanese soldiers !).  A real gutsy woman.  I have used Lilys takeaway in Chadderton ( known affectionately at the time by locals as greasy Lils)  way back in the 70s / 80s and also the Sweet Mandarin in more recent times..  Well worth a visit to see - maybe I am biased 'cos I know the family involved.

©2024 Curry Recipes