Author Topic: Taking a minute to say hello...  (Read 2111 times)

Offline slicker55

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Taking a minute to say hello...
« on: August 03, 2018, 08:37 PM »
Hi Guys,
First to admin, thanks for letting me in!
By no means new to online forums - a great resource often overlooked by newcomers to many hobbies but to me, essential to further your learning and share experiences with like-minded people.
My wife and I have been interested in asian cooking for a couple of years and we regularly shop in asian superstores for fresh products.
The majority of our cooking is done outdoors using a high-output burner and karahi.
We have enjoyed making many BIR style dishes and would now like to concentrate more on traditional asian cooking - yes, the stuff they used to dish up in the 80's over here in the Uk.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Taking a minute to say hello...
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 09:28 PM »
Welcome aboard, Slicker.  Like you, I am beginning to tire of BIR (I forget when I last made a base) and these days tend to cook in the more traditional Indian style.

** Phil.

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 12:45 AM »
Slicker55, welcome.

Ghost

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 12:09 PM »
Welcome slicker, I am very much the opposite, spent a long time cooking traditional Indian curries and finding them somewhat unsatisfying, upon discovering the techniques to making BIR style curries I have found my home cooked curries to be far more interesting.

Offline Bob-A-Job

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 07:53 PM »
Welcome Slicker55

©2024 Curry Recipes