Author Topic: Coconut oil is 'pure poison', says Harvard professor  (Read 4377 times)

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Coconut oil is 'pure poison', says Harvard professor
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2018, 01:43 AM »
This has hit the press out here as well. Some millennials may possibly go back to bacon and egg rolls with cheese and barbecue sauce, but most won't be in any rush.  My 20 year old daughter asked me to buy some coconut oil last year, so I did and it remains mostly unused in the pantry. I have used some in an occasional curry.  It would appear that every other week there is a new claim about what some food is doing to you.  FODMAP, Nightshades, etc.  Imagine curry without Chilli or tomato.

I live without coconut oil but I wonder how this "Poison" claim reconciles with the Pacific Islanders who use all of the coconut in just about anything they eat.

Offline ScottyM

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2018, 01:22 PM »
Ill stick with my 30g coconut oil a day. Along with slabs of grass fed butter, lard and anything else fatty and good for you LOL

Fake news. As someone that works out daily and is passionate about nutrition and health i am not scared.
Experts in this field putting out study after study on how benifical high saturated fats are have me more convinced. Plus i get full blood screenings done after every training phase (6 weeks) and see no horror in the results.
I have a high fat low carb diet.
I eat carbs only post workout when my blood sugar has naturally been spiked. Outside of that i keep my blood as level as possible and feel great for it.

I guess it all depends on who you want to believe and how deep you are willing to dig for the answers.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2018, 08:31 PM »
You got me on board at slabs of grass fed butter.

One of my all time favourite foods is really well done fatty (really fatty) salted and grilled (broiled) lamb loin chops. When that little curled up tail and the side covering fat is cooked to crisp there is not much that's better imho. Fortunately for me, but to my wife's horror, everybody else in my family cuts it off and discards it. Mind you, it is dreadful eaten cold.

©2024 Curry Recipes