Author Topic: 3 Days of Curry  (Read 1858 times)

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
3 Days of Curry
« on: October 06, 2018, 11:29 PM »
The weather here has produced 100 mm of rain since Thursday afternoon.  So what do you do? Off to the shops Friday morning and cook a family feast for Sunday dinner. Friday afternoon was spent making new batches of 3 hour LCD base gravy and Balti Makhani gravy. Saturday I pre-cooked 1.5 kg of chicken breast chunks and 1.2 kg of lamb leg chunks, marinated some tandoori drumsticks and 1 kg of Malai Tikka breast pieces and then mixed up enough naan dough for 6 big breads.
Menu
Lamb RJ, Peshawari Gosht instead, Lamb Korma, Murgh Makhani, Chewy's Malai Makhoni,  plus Mango Chicken, Chicken Madras, Kashmiri Chicken, (Ran out of pre-cooked chicken) Garden vegetable Navratan, Rajmah Masala, plain and cheese naan, pappadoms w/ mango chutney and pilau rice and some sambal. If I have time I might make a chicken pea curry as well. No Chick pea but added Tempered Potato instead. Tandoori Chicken w/ salad.
It's Sunday morning here now and I've lost an hour due to the start of daylight savings. Dinner is served at 7.00 pm. Rainy days are great for curry cooking. ;D

3.00 pm Menu changes made. Nearly there. Big day cooking.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 05:08 AM by livo »

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: 3 Days of Curry
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 09:27 AM »
I don't know about you, livo, but I need a lie down after reading of your culinary exploits! You deserve a medal after that lot! Nice one! :)

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 09:57 PM »

Sounds like a good old curry marathon there Livo.
Hope it all went well

A few happy snaps would be good to see. :D

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 11:53 PM »
Naga, I had a big lie down last night.  A big feed indeed and I'll be eating curry all week.  Due to unforeseen events 4 dinner guests couldn't make it but those who did had a good feed. All dishes were delicious and it all comes down to this forum for me.  ;) :)

The 2 Lamb dishes were my favorites, followed by the Balti Mirgh Makhani.  First time I've done the Peshewari Gosht but it wont be the last. I watched an episode of Red Dwarf one time and it mentioned Peshewari naan. I need to investigate that now.

I didn't take pics Chewy. My daughter snapchatted (whatever that is) a picture of the full table spread to her friend but apparently these images aren't like photos. I'll see if I can get it from her phone.  No fancy table set though.  All served in disposable foil trays to allow simultaneous reheat in a low oven.

Offline tempest63

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 08:28 PM »
Can

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 08:49 PM »
The last few weeks has been a bit of a curry fast here and last night wifey said she needed a break. What a wuss! The last couple of days I've made a big batch of Rajmah Masala, Chana Masala, Vegetable and Paneer Nentara, Kheema Mattar, Chicken Tikka and Turmeric rice (along with dodgy naan). We have a neighbour undergoing treatment for prostate cancer and he loves curry so a couple of takeaway containers made it to him over the weekend.

©2024 Curry Recipes