• December 15, 2018, 07:36 PM
Welcome, guest! Please login or register.
collapse

* RGBD

Author Topic: Curries  (Read 415 times)

Offline karlmac63

• Trainee Chef
Curries
« on: October 14, 2018, 01:29 PM »
Hi My names Karl, Just trying to find the right recipe's, to make my curries taste, like the real thing. This looks like the place. ;)

Offline alarmist10

• Head Chef
Re: Curries
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 01:43 PM »
It is, Karl. Welcome to the forum. You'll find some very knowledgeable and helpful  fellow members ready to help you out. Here's to your ne curry journey!
Best wishes
Al
alarmist10, Philippines

Online Peripatetic Phil

• CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • Jedi Curry Master
  • A closed mind is a would-be chef's worse enemy.
    • The Westberry Hotel & Restaurant
Re: Curries
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 03:13 PM »
Just trying to find the right recipe's, to make my curries taste, like the real thing. This looks like the place. ;)

Well, it's about as good as it gets.  Whether you will ever be satisfied that your curries taste 100% like the real thing is moot — many here believe that the last 5% is at least as hard as the first 95%, if not harder.  What I can say is that the wealth of experience and expertise here is probably unsurpassed outside of the sub-continent, so read on, try something very simple to start (my advice would be a chicken Madras, which I should probably call a chicken Chennai these days !) and a lightly-spiced, multi-coloured pulao rice (so much more attractive than yellow rice, IMHO) and let us all know how you got on.

** Phil.
Ogham's law :  The intellectual content of any message is inversely proportional to the number of emoticons that it contains..

You may like these posts on curry-recipes.co.uk: