Author Topic: Curried leftovers  (Read 1905 times)

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Curried leftovers
« on: October 21, 2018, 12:50 PM »
I was put off the idea of cooking curried leftovers many years ago when it was considered de rigeur   to curry the leftover Christmas turkey (the results were invariably awful).  But when Morrison's were remaindering one of their barbecued chickens during the week, I couldn't resist a bargain, and then had to decide what to do with it ...  The wings and drumsticks were eaten as cold snacks while I was gardenining, seasoned with Knorr Chinese chicken stock powder and kala namak, but the breasts were more of a challenge.  In the end, I asked Mrs Bari to make me two portions of vindaloo sauce when I dined at the Golden Temple on Friday, and the next lunchtime I combined these in a saucepan, brought them to a gentle simmer, and added the two breasts, each cut in half lengthwise and then into five across.  These remained in the sauce (turned off, of course), under a layer of home-harvested curry oil until that evening, when I brought them back up to a gentle boil.  I put one portion in an appropriate sized dish, added fresh chillies, fresh coriander and a little kala namak and ate with a couple of frozen paratha.  Absolutely delicious, and I am really looking forward to finishing up the remainder over the next couple of days.

** Phil.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 06:35 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Bing

Re: Curried leftovers
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 12:26 PM »
Like vindaloo, you make a good description. Delicious

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Curried leftovers
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 12:45 PM »