Author Topic: Yogurt  (Read 1943 times)

Bobdylan

Yogurt
« on: November 23, 2018, 12:56 PM »
Myself and the family class yogurt as a side or accompaniment, I have tried to post this in the appropriate section. I will add throughout the post our method and starter used.

We find making home yogurt beneficial to our cooking and daily health , yogurt can be produced to a very thick consistency at home much thicker than can be purchased in store. Making yogurt perfect for tikkas/tandoori or thickening of curry, We are wondering how many of the members produce their own yoghurt or curd on the forum? We find this a relaxing or enjoyable process.

Image hosting by CR0.co.uk

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Yogurt
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 01:11 PM »
Although I have made my own yoghurt in the past, in general I purchase Lidl full-fat Greek-style yoghurt for everyday consumption and live (organic) yoghurt for marinating, etc.,, although the latter is something of a rarity in the absence of a tandoor.

** Phil.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 01:25 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Yogurt
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 07:17 PM »
I make my own yogurt and Paneer. I like to do as much as I can from scratch where possible. I've even gone as far as to make my own yogurt starters from milk and either lemon or chilli stems. Varying levels of success. Using shop bought yogurt for the culture gives more consistent results. Yogurt making is tricky in modern times since milk today is broken down into many components and reconstituted into about 10 different forms. I use unhomogenised milk for best results. It's more costly but it works.

©2024 Curry Recipes