Author Topic: Chicken Ceylon with Home Made Naans  (Read 6297 times)

Offline SoberRat

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Ceylon with Home Made Naans
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2018, 11:28 PM »
Hi,
Had some leftover roast chicken so I decided to have a go at this dish after seeing the pictures. I used a sachet of Shaheen onion masala as I have no base of my own at the moment. The recipe I followed was more like Naga's version than the original recipe. I have to say it's a very nice curry, though I have never ordered one from a takeaway or restaurant. I reduced the amount of sugar as 3 tsp would be too sweet for me I think.

All the best
Rob

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2018, 12:00 AM »
Very nice looking curry there SR.  Plenty of oily goodness on the surface of that one.

Offline SoberRat

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2018, 12:21 AM »
Very nice looking curry there SR.  Plenty of oily goodness on the surface of that one.
Thanks Livo! Yes there was a bit more oil than I expected, the shaheen onion masala is more oily than the base I make but it certainly does no harm to the flavour of this curry. It's been a while since I made a curry so I ended up scoffing the lot  ;D

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2018, 05:37 PM »
Great-l0oking curry, SB, particularly given your lack of recent practice. Your curries always looked excellent and this one, albeit using a commercial base, resembles your previous offerings. Nice one! :)

Offline SoberRat

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2018, 09:00 PM »
Great-l0oking curry, SB, particularly given your lack of recent practice. Your curries always looked excellent and this one, albeit using a commercial base, resembles your previous offerings. Nice one! :)

Thanks Naga! I think once you get used to how to cook a curry it's like riding a bike, although it's been even longer since I done that.  ;D I must get around to cooking some more base, always nice knowing exactly went into your curry  ;)

All the best

Rob

©2024 Curry Recipes