• December 15, 2018, 07:11 PM
Welcome, guest! Please login or register.
collapse

* RGBD

Author Topic: Traditional wet shaving  (Read 237 times)

Online london

• Indian Master Chef
Traditional wet shaving
« on: December 01, 2018, 04:37 PM »
Does anyone else wet shave with a double edge razor, using a proper shaving brush and shaving soap or do you all use over priced multi blade cartridge razors and canned shaving foam.

London.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • Jedi Curry Master
  • A closed mind is a would-be chef's worse enemy.
    • The Westberry Hotel & Restaurant
Re: Traditional wet shaving
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 04:40 PM »
Overpriced 5-blade "Pro-glide" cartridges with lubricating strip, no aerosol foam or other lubricant, used under hot shower.  But I did see a Rolls razor on Ebay recently and was tempted ...

** Phil.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 04:52 PM by Peripatetic Phil »
Ogham's law :  The intellectual content of any message is inversely proportional to the number of emoticons that it contains..

Online Les

• Elite Curry Master
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 04:44 PM »
Wet Shave, cheap BIC razors, 7 for a pound ;D one razor will last me 3 to 4 shaves
Les

Online livo

• Elite Curry Master
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 06:55 PM »
Not for over 30 years. When I shave (somewhere between weekly and monthly) I first use a Whal clipper followed by Phillips wet & dry shaver.
Whiskey is the answer, but what was the question?

Online Secret Santa

• Ive Had Way too Much Curry
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 10:55 PM »
I used to use the cheap plastic razors that were ten for a quid with ordinary soap and water. Then I used a Wahl for a No.1. Now I use one of those three-head electric shavers for both face and head. I look like a bowling ball when done!
Fighting for truth, justice and the BIR way!

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 11:33 AM »
Does anyone else wet shave with a double edge razor, using a proper shaving brush and shaving soap

London.

Not for years. I have a goatee and just use the beard trimmer without the head for the rest of the face.
But when I do shave with a razor, I still use my grandads Gillette razor with a double edge blade, a stick of Palmolive and a brush.  ;)
I remember once in my 20's finding an unused and wrapped Gillette blue blade in an old bathroom cabinet in a rented flat.
It was the smoothest and closest shave I've ever had!
Better than Wilkinson.

Online london

• Indian Master Chef
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2018, 01:53 PM »
Nice one DP,

Vintage Gillette razors are great, I have a 1961 Fat Boy and a 1964 Slim Adjustable and both shave really nicely. Palmolive is a good soap and only 50p a stick which will last for months. I use Gillette 7 O Clock sharpedge blades which I pay about £14 for a hundred, I only use a blade for 2 shaves so 7p per shave I could get more shaves from a blade but for the price I always have a nice sharp blade.

London.
If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

Offline DalPuri

• Elite Curry Master
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2018, 09:28 PM »
I only use a blade for 2 shaves so 7p per shave I could get more shaves from a blade but for the price I always have a nice sharp blade.
London.

I tried having a shave with my old mans razor when I was about 17.
Man that hurt!
God knows how many shaves he'd get out of one blade.  ::)

Offline Ghoulie

• CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • Indian Master Chef
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2018, 10:38 PM »
I have a horrible combination of a tough beard and sensitive skin.  After years of using shaving foams various and multi blade razors, had to stop foam due to spots & skin reactions etc and settled for plain water on face.  Did this for 5 years until my daughter bought me a very pure soap insert in a hardwood bowl from White Company & badger brush.  To my surprise it works brilliantly for last 12 months.
nil carborundum illegitimi

You may like these posts on curry-recipes.co.uk: