Author Topic: What ever happend to the Happy Chris guy? Did he produce a book?  (Read 1659 times)

Offline ScottyM

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
It has been a long while since i last visited the forums but back then all the talk was some guy called Happy Chris coming out with a book on BIR cooking.

Did it ever get made?

Also i was in Costco yesterday and saw a book called "The Curry Guy", is it any good? Does he know what he is talking about or will i find better on here?
I assume the latter.

I want to make a base gravy, mixed powder and a tandori marinade this weekend so any recommendation on which recipes to use will be greatly appretiated!

Thanks guys!

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: What ever happend to the Happy Chris guy? Did he produce a book?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 01:47 PM »
It has been a long while since i last visited the forums but back then all the talk was some guy called Happy Chris coming out with a book on BIR cooking.

Did it ever get made?

We think not.

Also i was in Costco yesterday and saw a book called "The Curry Guy", is it any good? Does he know what he is talking about or will i find better on here?

I was very kindly given a copy by another member of this forum, and although I have not followed any of his recipes I liked his approach and felt that he does indeed have knowledge of his subject.

** Phil.

Offline ScottyM

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 03:16 PM »

Did it ever get made?

We think not.

I was very kindly given a copy by another member of this forum, and although I have not followed any of his recipes I liked his approach and felt that he does indeed have knowledge of his subject.

** Phil.

Thanks! I will test a few of his recipes this weekend. found it on a russian download site i use

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 08:38 PM »
Chewytikka tandoori marinade is better than anything else I've tried. You could do worse than his base as well. Ive been using Misty Ricardo's ebook as a quick easy reference. Very cheap and a good resource.

©2024 Curry Recipes