Author Topic: Anyone in Thailand or Vietnam?  (Read 1288 times)

Offline ScottyM

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Anyone in Thailand or Vietnam?
« on: December 11, 2018, 01:10 PM »
My next trip is Vietnam for 3 months and Thailand for 2. Starting in March 2019.
Will be working in hotels out there and was curious if anyone else is about.
And is there any BIR in Thailand? Was curious because i know there is a mass of english expats there.
I remember last time i was on the forum someone had a BIR ready meal buisness there. Is it still up and running?

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone in Thailand or Vietnam?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 02:11 PM »
My next trip is Vietnam for 3 months and Thailand for 2. Starting in March 2019.

My wife was born in Da Nang and still has many family there, as well as in Hoi An and Sai Gon.  I also have a British friend in Thailand (Na Chom Thian, Sattahip, Chonburi).

** Phil.

Offline ScottyM

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 03:14 PM »

My wife was born in Da Nang and still has many family there, as well as in Hoi An and Sai Gon.  I also have a British friend in Thailand (Na Chom Thian, Sattahip, Chonburi).

** Phil.

Have you been to Vietnam? Da Nang is very nice. Last trip we spent a week in Saigon and then flew to Da Nang and rode motorbikes down to hoi an and then up to Hue. Did the typical marble mountains etc too
Beautiful Country. I prefer it to Thailand because there is much less foreingers there.

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 03:17 PM »
Yes, many times.  Hoi An is my favourite, and Sa Pa well worth a visit, but the only thing I like about Sai Gon is that our family there are still 100% Chinese, whereas in Da Nang they are 50% to 75% Vietnamese.  As I love Chinese cuisine and am less keen on Vietnamese (pho bo being a notable exception), I enjoy visiting Sai Gon because I know we will eat roast duck and crispy pork there !

©2024 Curry Recipes