Author Topic: Anyone heard of Curryshed?  (Read 4589 times)

Offline ScottyM

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Anyone heard of Curryshed?
« on: December 11, 2018, 06:36 PM »
I was looking up BIR naan and came across him.

But what i found odd is the recipes are not his. The Naan for example is the Happy Chris recipe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v889SUnjBog

But it seems he is selling them as his own as part of his BIR training course. I wonder who elses recipes he could be using

interesting...

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone heard of Curryshed?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 07:37 PM »
I came across it a few weeks ago, realised it was nothing new and moved on. I didnt bother to watch any of his other videos.

Offline CurryCAM

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 03:25 PM »
I think this is a very good video, clear and precisely to the point, and i really like the 2nd method used, never seen it done this way, but it appears to work ok  :)

As per the description on youtube and the full recipe on the curryshed website, . . . .  a link is provided to it's author Chris Johnson (also known as H4ppyleader), and he makes no claim to this recipe being my own.

On the Youtube description it say's it is a FREE BIR Novice Course, so why are you getting the impression that he is selling them  ?

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 03:50 PM »
Hi CurryCAM. It always looks suspicious when a new member post a couple (literally) of nonchalant posts so as not to look too obvious and then on their third post starts in on what might be described as a slightly provocative and/or defensive post. Would you care to fess up as to your allegiance here. Are you Chris Johnson perhaps?

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2018, 04:31 PM »
Rather amused by the total failure to mask the real reason for the existence of Curryshed.  The blurb reads :

I have created this website with one purpose in mind, to share with you everything I have learnt about Cooking Curry and the many styles of cooking it, using a no nonsense approach that anybody can replicate at home.

This is a Members only site, If you would like to become a member and access our FREE online course

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2018, 04:44 PM »
Lee Jones, isn't that CA? [from a vague, probably incorrect, memory]

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2018, 05:11 PM »
(deleted, factually incorrect).
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 06:01 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2018, 05:16 PM »
Lee Jones, isn't that CA? [from a vague, probably incorrect, memory]

That was Les Jones (CA). Lee Jones was on CA's forum.

The youtube page for Curryshed is just a few teaser videos to paying for the rest via membership of his site.

Offline Donald Brasco

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2018, 07:44 PM »
I think this is a very good video, clear and precisely to the point, and i really like the 2nd method used, never seen it done this way, but it appears to work ok  :)

As per the description on youtube and the full recipe on the curryshed website, . . . .  a link is provided to it's author Chris Johnson (also known as H4ppyleader), and he makes no claim to this recipe being my own.

On the Youtube description it say's it is a FREE BIR Novice Course, so why are you getting the impression that he is selling them  ?

You're quite observant "CurryCAM", as not only did you spot the attribution of the naan's recipe to H4ppy-Chris included in the video description,  but you did so within days (or perhaps immediately??)  of the video description having been updated by currySHED to include that information! 

When this thread was posted by Scotty I was curious enough to view the video on YouTube and checked the video description to find nothing about where the recipe comes from, just the sales blurb about Curryshed teaching you all you need to know about BIR.  Now, a short while after CurryShed was mentioned on this forum, the YouTube vid's description has been magically updated with full disclosure and with no time to spare a new member "curryCAM" pops up drawing attention to this!!

Great Scott! You can take that as a tribute to the OP of this thread or an exclamation at the sheer coincidence of it...

I don't believe in coincidences personally,  but I do believe that someone who is dishonest enough to nick another youtuber's recipe then use it as bait to rake in punters to their paywalled-website is probably also dishonest enough to show up here under a false name to defend themselves without being upfront about who they are. So hello Les! No need to talk about yourself in the third person - take a step forward and be honest for a change, there's still time!

the phrase "a FREE BIR Novice Course" which you "CurryCAM" wrote in your post above  is used by CurryShed in a response to a YouTube comment in this video, with exactly the same capitalisation as used by our new member curryCAM.  Quite a giveaway to the true identity of CurryCAM:
https://youtu.be/nxkyPszzktg

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2018, 10:21 AM »
..............and he makes no claim to this recipe being my own.

Oops.

A little bit of a slip up here going from third person to first person. Surely it should be "......and he makes no claim to the recipe being HIS own".

©2024 Curry Recipes