• March 25, 2019, 08:57 PM
Welcome, guest! Please login or register.
collapse

* RGBD

Author Topic: "The curry library"  (Read 948 times)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • Jedi Curry Master
  • "Attention-seeking disorder"—disease of childhood
    • View Profile
    • The Westberry Hotel / Hoi-An Restaurant
Re: "The curry library"
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2018, 11:12 AM »
Thanks Phil, much appreciated. just one final question, have you posted any recipes on the forum which you use with your modified KD base?
Not sure, but I have cooked a lot of curries recently so I will write some of them up — all used this base,
** Phil.
Ogham's law :  The intellectual content of any message is inversely proportional to the number of emoticons that it contains..

Offline tempest63

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: "The curry library"
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2019, 09:17 PM »
How do you find "My Bombay Kitchen" by King?  I've looked at it before as a possible addition to my own reference library.

I bought “My Bombay Kitchen” specifically because it was Parsi cuisine. I went on a Dhansak bender some years ago and was forever looking for the ultimate recipe and even today if I see a new “Parsi” cookbook I will wait until the wife is not looking and slope off to find the till. It drives her mad.

Like Phil I have never cooked from it but tend to make reference to it now and again. I like the look of the Kichri recipe and often thought of the “Italian eggs” as something worth trialling when we have friends round.
T63

You may like these posts on curry-recipes.co.uk: