Author Topic: Post Brexit TA closures.  (Read 6078 times)

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Post Brexit TA closures.
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2018, 09:24 AM »
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-21/tasmania-may-become-first-state-with-optional-gender/10517106   ???  This is a bit like optional blood type or DNA.

Our tax system already has the inclusion of Gender = Indeterminate. 

I'll have to see if I can look up the job title of a person who waits tables in an Indian restaurant and is of indeterminate or optional gender.  ;D 

I believe the Hijra (hermaphrodites, eunuchs and transgenders) of the sub-continent are now recognised as a third gender,

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2018, 03:43 PM »
I'll have to see if I can look up the job title of a person who waits tables in an Indian restaurant and is of indeterminate or optional gender.  ;D 

I think they're known as Edna Everages. Easily distinguishable from the binary norms by their characteristic blue-rinse hair styles.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2018, 04:43 PM »
So back on topic, chaps
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 06:35 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2018, 04:54 PM »
Well I voted to remain because I/we at that time didn't have enough solid information to make an informed decision and so went with the better the devil you know scenario.

Now that we've had the two-odd years of debate and real info that should have preceded the first referendum in a true democracy (I'm implicitly assuming there will be a second) I can't decide so I'd probably not vote. But there's a couple of months to go yet and who knows what will tip the balance one way or the other!

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2018, 10:47 AM »
As far as I'm concerned, they can shut down every T/A in Britain,  mostly  Dirty places with bad food anyway, ;D (although there are some exceptions)
I didn't vote, so I don't care one way or the other, not much will change for us older generation.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2018, 10:57 AM »
I don't care one way or the other, not much will change for us older generation.

I fear that it will, Les.  For a start, the medications on which many of we older folk depend originate in Continental Europe.  If we leave the EU, medication prices may rise, the NHS may be forced to ration them in order to keep costs under control, and so on.  Leaving Europe is as insane as electing Donald Trump president of one of the most powerful nations on Earth.

CarpCarp

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2018, 11:04 AM »
Imo not the best subject for the forum, it

Offline Les

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2018, 11:37 AM »

I fear that it will, Les.  For a start, the medications on which many of we older folk depend originate in Continental Europe.  If we leave the EU, medication prices may rise, the NHS may be forced to ration them in order to keep costs under control, and so on. 

They may Phil, and on the other hand they may not, Rationing medication also may not be a bad thing, pill's are handed out like sweets. we could save money their, ;)

Offline Les

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2018, 11:38 AM »
Imo not the best subject for the forum, it

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2018, 11:44 AM »