Author Topic: New Years Eve High Heat Trifecta  (Read 1068 times)

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
New Years Eve High Heat Trifecta
« on: December 31, 2018, 04:39 AM »
High heat today in 3 ways.  Weather, Chilli and a Tandoor cook up.
Preparation is well underway to give the Tandoor a good test run tonight.  5 kg of Chicken Tikka Botti, 50 lamb Sheesh kebabs and 20 mixed meat spicy ones,  I've also done lamb shoulder Greek style that's cut up into chunks to go in as well on the skewers. 

For the char grill barbeque I've marinated 2 kg of Honey Sesame Soy Chicken thigh fillet and a couple of kg of beef rump steak done in Worcestershire sauce and AP seasoning.

There is huge Zucchini slice in the oven and a Potato Bake to follow.  Other people are bringing various mixed salads and rice dishes and I'm about to make CT's Mixed Chutney salad plus other condiments.  I've cheated and bought pre-cooked roti but it's a bit busy and it now looks like a thunderstorm after 4 days of 36'C plus 100% humidity.  The pool is clean and chemically balanced, beer in the fridge and guests 3 hours away.

Happy New Year.  I hope 2019 is a good one for you all.

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: New Years Eve High Heat Trifecta
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 10:55 AM »
Sounds like party time, ;D Have a good day Livo, and a Happy 2019 to you all.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: New Years Eve High Heat Trifecta
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 10:22 AM »
Thanks Les. It was a good night with friends and family. Food was superb and we all enjoyed the evening even if maybe a little too much. Only NYE once a year. ;D

©2024 Curry Recipes