Author Topic: Simple Chicken Madras  (Read 7268 times)

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Simple Chicken Madras
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2019, 10:36 AM »
...Totally agree on using less oil, cooking at home.
You only need 25ml oil or ghee to do a great Madras.

cheers Chewy

I wholeheartedly agree. I have always wondered why people on here insist that you need an oil slick on your curry to make it authentic.

+1

CarpCarp

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2019, 11:24 AM »
Edit
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 11:38 AM by CarpCarp »

CarpCarp

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2019, 11:39 AM »
...Totally agree on using less oil, cooking at home.
You only need 25ml oil or ghee to do a great Madras.

cheers Chewy

I wholeheartedly agree. I have always wondered why people on here insist that you need an oil slick on your curry to make it authentic.

+1

Check out any Authentic Bir Video online and plenty of oil is used, JB
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 12:44 PM by CarpCarp »

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2019, 12:18 PM »
19 days and running the show.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2019, 01:32 PM »
Having the courage to state one's convictions and beliefs is not "running the show", Livo.  If this forum is to progress, we are in need of fresh input, and I for one welcome contribution such as those from CarpCarp who is not afraid to challenge others (or the received wisdom, or the status quo ) if he believes that they are wrong.  We have, it seems to me, two options
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 02:44 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2019, 03:46 PM »
I notice CarpCarp has savagely edited his latest post, completely removing the first part about not wanting to start arguments, espousing his credentials, telling us we'd all gone to "lar lar land", a little sermon about post Christmas weight watchers healthy option low oil curries, truth to BIR replication and not wanting to make personal remarks.  Also removed is the entire last sentence, after the Chewy video link, telling all Cro members to get it real again, implying that he has the job to do of bringing us all back on track.  I didn't see the previous post, which is completely deleted and now reads "Edit".

All this because CarpCarp likes an oily curry at home, using 100 ml oil and 30 g butter in a chicken Bassar curry, and from the picture it is swimming in oil.

Is he just an over enthusiastic know-it-all or deliberately stirring discord on the forum?  I too have the courage to speak my mind Phil.  Apparently he has me "ignored" and doesn't see my posts but I'm not sure how he's done that as the facility to do this is missing in my version of the forum O/S.  Although, he can see my comments when not logged on.  I could be wrong but this arrogant approach after less than 3 weeks?  Something is a bit off.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2019, 03:53 PM »
How long do you have to be member before you are allowed to be arrogant?

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2019, 04:41 PM »
Is he just an over enthusiastic know-it-all or deliberately stirring discord on the forum
How about giving him the benefit of the doubt and assuming that he is an intelligent person who holds views which don't necessarily accord with the views of some other members, and that he wishes to state those views so that others can judge for themselves with which perspective they feel the greater affinity ?

** Phil.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 05:53 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline Donald Brasco

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2019, 05:59 PM »

Bing!

Offline Donald Brasco

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2019, 06:17 PM »
> Is he just an over enthusiastic know-it-all or deliberately stirring discord on the forum

Or more likely, someone who simply cannot change their posting style however many times they reincarnate themselves after "leaving" the forum for the umpteenth time.

©2024 Curry Recipes