Author Topic: Simple Chicken Madras  (Read 7270 times)

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Simple Chicken Madras
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2019, 09:45 PM »
How long do you have to be member before you are allowed to be arrogant?
There is no specified time frame required Garp. There just seems to be something going on with this member who has emerged and immediately started banging on and clashing pans in a very confrontational manner. No settling in period of being a humble newbie at all.  He is allowed to be a static fixed door handle (syn) immediately if he chooses to be, but I'll call out what I see. 
This person may well work in the industry, probably does, or at least be connected in some way. That doesn't give reason to assume he is more correct about everything than everybody else.

Phil, I give everybody the benefit of the doubt until such time as I see it to be unwarranted.. I haven't yet seen much I like here but he took to you like a new puppy.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2019, 08:03 AM »
Phil, I give everybody the benefit of the doubt until such time as I see it to be unwarranted.. I haven't yet seen much I like here but he took to you like a new puppy.
One possible explanation for that is that I try to make a point of making new members feel welcome and valued. 
** Phil.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2019, 11:02 AM »
No doubt.  I agree that you do exactly that, Phil.

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2019, 03:19 PM »
Happy NY All!

Just to throw my oar in but for me I find that if I scrimp on the oil, my curries are crap.

I personally find its about 204 times easier to cook a good curry with plenty of oil about

Trying to fry the spices with the consistency of porridge is disastrous (for me anyway)

Taz Base users have probably got it sussed...... I haven't

I'd rather either spoon off the excess after cooking. or just add a little more base right at the end prior to serving and stir well

Regards

Mick

CarpCarp

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2019, 06:42 PM »
Mick I very much agree with you, I

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2019, 06:56 PM »
Totally agree Mick, as do the countless restaurants, takeaways and traditional cooks that use loads of oil. No ingredient is used in excess without a good reason to as it reduces profit. Apparently certain northern biffas think their curries don't need it and that should tell you all you need to know about how good their curries are.

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2019, 12:56 PM »
Hi, just a quick word after reading this topic to remind you that it's ok not to agree with someone; the debate is productive if there is respect and not condescension. In return, those who post photos must accept criticism and keep on posting... We can't please anyone.
Thanks for focussing on the recipes. If you have any issue with a member, please contact me using PM, and keep the forum a welcoming place.
Tom

©2024 Curry Recipes