Author Topic: Italian comfort food 101  (Read 3296 times)

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Italian comfort food 101
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2019, 11:43 PM »
I tried to make some montaged photo images this morning to include more photos in a single post, but for some reason the software kept an saving the images looking like they'd been shredded then put back together out of order.  Anyway it isn't too difficult to follow the written method and for anybody who can cook it is pretty easy stuff.

Here are the ingredients I used yesterday and the 2 finished components before assembly and baking.  Not shown is the oil or Mozzarella. Yesterday I just used vegetable oil but you could use olive oil . I don't because I remove it anyway.

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2019, 11:55 AM »
Thanks for posting up your method Livo, I may give it a crack sometime. I already have a lasagne sauce I'm happy with, which is miles away from what you're using (heavily anglicised, more gravy than tomato based). But I'm sure yours also delivers the goods.

Ever tried slow cooking that meat sauce for 3 or 4 hours to really render the mince and liberate the flavour?

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2019, 03:19 PM »
I have not tried slow cook but it sounds interesting. This dish is now almost always a bulk job for me with triple quantity being the norm. This was a deliberate single so I could write it up as I went.

Offline Ghoulie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2019, 01:16 PM »
Like Phil, I can find no enthusiasm for Italian pasta dishes of any sort - but Italian restaurants thankfully offer a myriad of other excellent dishes as I found this last summer in Sorrento.

©2024 Curry Recipes