Author Topic: Where have the old posts gone to?  (Read 3148 times)

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Where have the old posts gone to?
« on: February 01, 2019, 02:45 PM »
I was trying to find something related to bunjarra and got sidetracked into looking at my first few posts on the forum. I see that the first one is on 11 May 2007 and refers to CA's CTM.

Now,
a) I'm sure the forum started before that date and I was in at the beginning and
b) CA whose CTM I referenced in that "first" post definitely was not around at the start.

So where have my early posts disappeared to? Are others affected too? Is there a rolling clear out of early posts ... that would be really sad if so?

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Where have the old posts gone to?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 02:52 PM »
The oldest post I can find from you, Santa, is dated 2007.  http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=1827.msg15913#msg15913.

The earliest message from Admin is dated 2004
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 03:09 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline pap rika

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 03:40 PM »
Quite sad really to think of all the snipets of information which appear to have been lost from an era which members fondly remember.
      Confusing too, when there appears to be a 5 year time lapse between admin,s first post, and jimmy2x, who claims to be the first post/member ???

Regards pap rika.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 04:02 PM »
Oops, I was having a senior moment. I had different nick when I first joined. I searched that and it takes me back to 17 March 2005 but only 499 posts and I'm sure it was actually between two and three thousand before I changed to this nick. But my memory's not perfect. Still seems like there's some posts gone AWOL though.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 04:23 PM »
Confusing too, when there appears to be a 5 year time lapse between admin,s first post, and jimmy2x, who claims to be the first post/member ???

No no

Offline pap rika

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2019, 04:52 PM »
Chill Phil  :) :) :)

Regards Pap rika

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2019, 04:57 PM »
J'ai froid !  (Verging on freezing in Cornwall ...).

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2019, 10:57 PM »
So where have my early posts disappeared to? Are others affected too? Is there a rolling clear out of early posts ... that would be really sad if so?

The topic of Bunjarra / Bunjara / The Secret Ingredient (Onion Paste) certainly took place at a time of some considerable turmoil within the forum, or so it would seem from my readings this morning.  This is the first time I have ever tried to follow a link to another thread within the forum and been blocked.

this is the original post.

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=1515.0

i don't feel the results/opinions were conclusive - many people seemed to have difficulty making it.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2019, 10:22 AM »
I've used "Report to moderator" on Jerry's message to ask Tom if he could investigate why the link is blocked.  The Wayback machine has no copy.

** Phil.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2019, 10:55 AM »
I hadn't considered that Phil. Good idea. I just thought it may have been what SS was looking for but it's blocked and I'd not encountered this before.
This all seems to have taken place during a period of unrest within the forum.  A particular member involved at the time, threatened to start a new forum of his own and fund it personally.  Apparently he did. Before my time.

So far my reading about Bunjarra / onion paste shows it is time consuming to make and tricky to achieve a good result. Also, the results are mixed and I didn't find much to say many were overly enthused by it, although some said it did add depth and another layer to their curry and they felt closer to the end goal. Still not there though.

Masala Mark's Aussie IR onion base (paste) is quite similar in all respects.

©2024 Curry Recipes