• June 25, 2019, 05:33 PM
Welcome, guest! Please login or register.
collapse

* RGBD

Author Topic: Waterfox  (Read 295 times)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • Jedi Curry Master
  • "Attention-seeking disorder"—disease of childhood
    • View Profile
    • The Westberry Hotel / Hoi-An Restaurant
Waterfox
« on: February 02, 2019, 04:35 PM »
Ogham's law :  The intellectual content of any message typically varies as the reciprocal of the number of emoticons that it contains..

Online Peripatetic Phil

• CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Waterfox
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 08:13 PM »
Right, so I've got British English Dictionary (Marco Pinto) installed and enabled and now Dictionary Switcher installed and enabled. No difference! Still only have English (United States) as a selectable language option. It also says in Dictionary Switcher that it displays the current language in the status bar. I don't have that either.  :o

I've found a peculiarity. I'll try to post a pic so you can see it as it's easy to do that than explain. Give me a while.

See there's a tick against something that is greyed out. I'm guessing that that should be my BrE dictionary? It's not selectable. Any ideas?

Edit: D'oh, ignore that, I'd added another BrE dictionary and that greyed out bar disappeared when i removed it so it was down to that. So i'm still stuck with only English (United States).  :(

No ideas, but I am now in the hotel where there is as yet no Waterfox; I will install it and see how little (or how much) is necessary before it will accept <Br.E>.

** Phil.
Ogham's law :  The intellectual content of any message typically varies as the reciprocal of the number of emoticons that it contains..

Online Peripatetic Phil

• CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 08:39 PM »
A lot of faffing, and once again I don't know exactly what made it work, but the last three (before which it would not work) were to tweak locale, adjust  intl.accept_languages in "about:config", and finally install another British English dictionary from https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-us/firefox/addon/british-english-dictionary/?src=ss

Color (underlined in red); colour (no warning).

** Phil.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
  • Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 05:17 PM »
All that is needed is https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-us/firefox/addon/british-english-dictionary/?src=ss; the new language becomes available even in an already-open tab/dialogue box.  "Necessary and sufficient".

** Phil.

Offline Secret Santa

• Ive Had Way too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 07:30 PM »
All that is needed is https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-us/firefox/addon/british-english-dictionary/?src=ss;

Yaaaay!

Instant fix. Thanks Phil. But I swear that's the other dictionary I mentioned that gave that greyed out bar and that I uninstalled. Perhaps installing it again was all that was needed. Still, it now works ... phew!

I'll savour the flavour and moderate my behaviour with good humour.  Begone cursed Americanisations. [not a red squiggle in sight!] ;D
Fighting for truth, justice and the BIR way!

Offline Bob-A-Job

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2019, 09:18 PM »
Well done Phil and congrats SS,

It has been interesting watching this procedure, akin to when I used to build/rebuild PC's, fresh installs of windows and forget to change the keyboard to Eng-GB, leaving it as Eng-US and then hear the screams of "My keyboard is not working!", simple things.  ;D
If you can learn something new and have a laugh, the day has not been wasted.

Online livo

• Ive Had Way too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2019, 10:34 PM »
I hate being told a litre is wrong, along with the ones already listed.  Gaol or Jail.  I just right click and add them to my dictionary if it annoys for long enough.
Whiskey is the answer, but what was the question?

You may like these posts on curry-recipes.co.uk: