Author Topic: Waterfox  (Read 2216 times)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Waterfox
« on: February 02, 2019, 04:35 PM »

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Waterfox
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 08:13 PM »
Right, so I've got British English Dictionary (Marco Pinto) installed and enabled and now Dictionary Switcher installed and enabled. No difference! Still only have English (United States) as a selectable language option. It also says in Dictionary Switcher that it displays the current language in the status bar. I don't have that either.  :o

I've found a peculiarity. I'll try to post a pic so you can see it as it's easy to do that than explain. Give me a while.

See there's a tick against something that is greyed out. I'm guessing that that should be my BrE dictionary? It's not selectable. Any ideas?

Edit: D'oh, ignore that, I'd added another BrE dictionary and that greyed out bar disappeared when i removed it so it was down to that. So i'm still stuck with only English (United States).  :(

No ideas, but I am now in the hotel where there is as yet no Waterfox; I will install it and see how little (or how much) is necessary before it will accept <Br.E>.

** Phil.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 08:39 PM »
A lot of faffing, and once again I don't know exactly what made it work, but the last three (before which it would not work) were to tweak locale, adjust  intl.accept_languages in "about:config", and finally install another British English dictionary from https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-us/firefox/addon/british-english-dictionary/?src=ss

Color (underlined in red); colour (no warning).

** Phil.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 05:17 PM »
All that is needed is https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-us/firefox/addon/british-english-dictionary/?src=ss; the new language becomes available even in an already-open tab/dialogue box.  "Necessary and sufficient".

** Phil.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 07:30 PM »
All that is needed is https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-us/firefox/addon/british-english-dictionary/?src=ss;

Yaaaay!

Instant fix. Thanks Phil. But I swear that's the other dictionary I mentioned that gave that greyed out bar and that I uninstalled. Perhaps installing it again was all that was needed. Still, it now works ... phew!

I'll savour the flavour and moderate my behaviour with good humour.  Begone cursed Americanisations. [not a red squiggle in sight!] ;D

Offline Bob-A-Job

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2019, 09:18 PM »
Well done Phil and congrats SS,

It has been interesting watching this procedure, akin to when I used to build/rebuild PC's, fresh installs of windows and forget to change the keyboard to Eng-GB, leaving it as Eng-US and then hear the screams of "My keyboard is not working!", simple things.  ;D

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2019, 10:34 PM »
I hate being told a litre is wrong, along with the ones already listed.  Gaol or Jail.  I just right click and add them to my dictionary if it annoys for long enough.

©2024 Curry Recipes