Author Topic: Tandoori Lamb Loin Chops  (Read 3054 times)

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Tandoori Lamb Loin Chops
« on: February 03, 2019, 10:51 PM »

I marinated these for 48 hours due to the fact that nobody was home to eat them on the first night.  They were delicious and I should have done double the amount. 

I served these with Sverige's Bombay Aloo (using JB's oven pre-cooked spuds),  CTM (made from MM's Aussie IR pastes), Chicken Korma (made from the tandoor cooked chicken breast pieces marinated in the leftover Raan marinade),  Mango Chicken (Yes again. I have to cook it every time or it isn't curry night), Pilau rice (brown basmati, which I've been really enjoying instead of white), fresh garden salad and I cheated with frozen naan. 

The KD base gravy Mango Chicken was a hit with both daughters. This dish is now 100% cracked.  The frozen naan are surprisingly really good. I did a couple in the toaster and a couple more just thrown into the oven for a few minutes.  No complaints.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 11:41 PM by livo »

Offline CurryCAM

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Tandoori Lamb Loin Chops
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 09:13 AM »
I have never tried to Tandoor Lamb chops before, and looking at those pictures i think i should be giving it a try

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 01:27 PM »
Looks great Livo
Quite a selection of recipe/styles in there.

The duff one i.e. KD base, is a given for your non curry liking customer. ;D
You certainly keep the family well fed :P

cheers Chewy

Offline vinotinto

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 04:34 PM »
What recipe did you use please?  They look great!

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 08:12 PM »
Thanks guys. These chops were delicious. The long marination (unintended) may not have been required but it certainly didn't hurt. The originally planned 24 hours would have been sufficient and I think I'd be just as happy with 12 hours.

Vinotinto, from memory I just used CT's 2 stage marination process and ingredients as described for his chicken tikka.  I may have varied it a little but I can't see that it would have been too different. I'll check my notes to see if I made any at the time.

Offline Bob-A-Job

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 11:04 PM »
I have some chicken dumbsticks and thighs (I deboned some legs) in 2 different marinades, a shop bought Piri Piri which I just can't get right and the rest in home made BBQ sauce.  I always marinade in a fridge I have in the garage and I find it takes a good 2 days to get a proper depth on the meat, no matter how many times I slice or pierce them through.

Good to see you 'back in the saddle' Livo.

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 12:36 AM »
Not up and running about yet BAJ. Stick to get about and pain meds to get some sleep.

Vinotinto, I made no notes about the tandoori lamb loin chops so I would say with 100 % certainty that I simply used Chewy's marinade process and ingredients. I can see no reason I would have used anything other, having found this to be reliably my favourite.

Here is a link to his 2012 version http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=8714.0.  The one I have written down is slightly different but I can't find a link to this version.  I doubt it would make much difference, however;

The differences are only in the second marinade.
1) 6 TBSP yogurt instead of 4.
2) No G&G paste in the second marinade.
3) 1 tsp Mixed powder (or substitute) instead of coriander,cumin and GM.  I sometimes use Kitchen King or other Curry Masala but really not that critical.
4) Kebab Paste not included but Extra Tandoori Paste (2 TBSP) and Kashmiri Paste ( 1 tsp).  I have also at times used Tandoori Masala powder and Basaar (Kashmiri) to equally good effect as Patak's pastes in catering size are not readily available.  I have used pastes but not Patak's brand.  Equally as good no matter the variation really.

I don't think the minor tweaking of one or 2 ingredients listed will have any significant detrimental affect on the finished dish.  I certainly haven't found this to be the case.

Offline vinotinto

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 07:38 AM »
Thanks Livo - I shall definitely have a go at some point ...kitchen renovation at moment so have to wait unfortunately :)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2019, 08:37 AM »
Better a kitchen renovation than a hip renovation, methinks !

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2019, 09:42 AM »
Both hurt in the same place.

©2024 Curry Recipes