• April 20, 2019, 11:51 AM
Welcome, guest! Please login or register.
collapse

* RGBD

Author Topic: Test  (Read 243 times)

Offline Donald Brasco

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Test
« on: February 23, 2019, 07:57 AM »
Testy Test!
Man is an animal suspended in webs of significance that he himself has spun. Don't get caught in the web...

Offline Donald Brasco

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Test
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 09:44 AM »
Apologies for the test post. It was made with the intention of editing it shortly afterwards as a mechanism to successfully post what I had tried and failed to post directly, due to database errors showing up. Unfortunately the same errors showed up as soon as I tried to edit my test post yesterday, and only today have I overcome the issue.

So... my question was going to be whether anyone has tried the cheap supermarket own brand lime pickles? Tesco and Sainsbury’s both have them and the price is around half a similarly sized jar of Pataks.

I’m not sure whether to trust supermarket own brands for Indian food, or whether to play it safe with a known brand. As money is tight at the moment I prefer to ask rather than take a chance.
Man is an animal suspended in webs of significance that he himself has spun. Don't get caught in the web...

Offline Secret Santa

• Ive Had Way too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Test
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 01:37 PM »
I don't like the own brands because they are almost universally pastes rather than chunks in a spicy sauce. That's how they reduce costs. Pataks lime pickle is often available on offer for £1 in one or other of the main supermarkets and their mango chutney is £1 from Iceland and some of the pound shops. I never pay full price. I stock up when a deal's on.
Fighting for truth, justice and the BIR way!

You may like these posts on curry-recipes.co.uk: