Author Topic: I've had an idea for a forum!  (Read 20257 times)

Offline spggodd

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: I've had an idea for a forum!
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2019, 11:46 PM »
Hey guys,

So glad I found this website, most of my 'negative' posts get censored on the BIR forum now so I'm pretty much given up with CA and his bull.
Shame to loose the various reviews and content I've posted on here mind.. but I've got plenty more to offer here.

Long live this forum, seems very vibrant from my first look in.  ;D

Offline jalfreziT

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2019, 06:58 AM »
Looks like I won't get to see what happens next.  :)

My last post resulted in a permanent ban.

Yes you won't receive any personal abuse from me, but you will get a fair, honest and polite opinion (as has been the case with all my posts on the internet).

Your choice whether to publish it, as my posts now seem to be subject to moderation before they are viewable. I have to wonder if that makes me feel trusted.

And there is my dilemma. I know I have the option to become a paid up member but what is my own trust level of what I might receive in return?

I know that many of those who openly shared their own recipes, and other helpful information with this community, are now somewhat disappointed that,
a) they cannot access their own content without "paying to view", and b) someone else is now financially benefitting from "selling" the content they gave so freely in the first place.

Previously and on many occasions I have supported your right to do what you wish with your forum, and that opinion remains unchanged. However I have some concern that you have made a grave error of judgement in taking the forum in this direction. You may have bitten the very hand that feeds the forum.

Written, as always, with the very best interest of those who wish to share enjoyment of their hobby with like-minded folks on the internet.

It's up to him what he does with his forum. I'm not going to criticise him. My only sympathies are with those who have lost their old home to share their hobby.

Luckily quite a few have now migrated to this community. Hopefully we can bring some energy, enthusiasm and helpful information.

Offline Gav Iscon

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2019, 08:54 AM »
Funny that he used to complain about Happy Chris wanting to sell his book (that never happened), saying that this forum should be about sharing information for free and you shouldn't profit.
He tried to sell the whole thing a while ago but with no takers.

For all the disagreements  on this site, there is a wealth of information if you're prepared to dig.

Offline mickyp

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2019, 09:36 AM »
Looks like I won't get to see what happens next.  :)

My last post resulted in a permanent ban.

Yes you won't receive any personal abuse from me, but you will get a fair, honest and polite opinion (as has been the case with all my posts on the internet).

Your choice whether to publish it, as my posts now seem to be subject to moderation before they are viewable. I have to wonder if that makes me feel trusted.

And there is my dilemma. I know I have the option to become a paid up member but what is my own trust level of what I might receive in return?

I know that many of those who openly shared their own recipes, and other helpful information with this community, are now somewhat disappointed that,
a) they cannot access their own content without "paying to view", and b) someone else is now financially benefitting from "selling" the content they gave so freely in the first place.

Previously and on many occasions I have supported your right to do what you wish with your forum, and that opinion remains unchanged. However I have some concern that you have made a grave error of judgement in taking the forum in this direction. You may have bitten the very hand that feeds the forum.

Written, as always, with the very best interest of those who wish to share enjoyment of their hobby with like-minded folks on the internet.

It's up to him what he does with his forum. I'm not going to criticise him. My only sympathies are with those who have lost their old home to share their hobby.

Luckily quite a few have now migrated to this community. Hopefully we can bring some energy, enthusiasm and helpful information.

Well all i said was Eloquently put and i support every word and i got banned as well....

Hey ho onwards and upwards, Chicken Tikka tonight, pics to follow.

Offline jalfreziT

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2019, 11:03 AM »
Well all i said was Eloquently put and i support every word and i got banned as well....

Ouch, sorry to have guided you in to trouble.

Hey ho onwards and upwards, Chicken Tikka tonight, pics to follow.

Westy's Madras already prepared here :)

Offline Madrasandy

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2019, 11:09 AM »

Westy's Madras already prepared here :)

Westy Madras?, I don

Offline jalfreziT

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2019, 11:21 AM »

Offline Madrasandy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2019, 11:28 AM »
Pretty pointless mentioning that Madras on this forum then really

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2019, 11:36 AM »
Pretty pointless mentioning that Madras on this forum then really

I would respectfully disagree.  If there is a Madras that is better than any to be found here, then I for one am grateful to learn of its existence.  Given the recent introduction of a paywall on "the other site", there is (it seems to me) a good chance that others will continue to migrate from there to here, and if Westy is one of them, I would hate for him to read here that we were not interested in his recipe.

** Phil.

Offline Madrasandy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2019, 11:40 AM »
And until that point Phil, pretty pointless.

©2024 Curry Recipes