Author Topic: I've had an idea for a forum!  (Read 20258 times)

Offline jalfreziT

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: I've had an idea for a forum!
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2019, 11:41 AM »
Pretty pointless mentioning that Madras on this forum then really

It was a reply directly to MickyP. Maybe I should have sent that as a PM.

.I'm currently trying to work out how more recipe content could be brought to this forum. So please.... try not to be so confrontational.

Offline pap rika

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2019, 11:59 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if westy,s or anybody else's recipes were placed on a non paying forum/website, (which it was prior to CAs takeover) with the intention of viewers, members or non members having the ability to download or share, does that not make it public domain

Regards pap rika

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2019, 12:19 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if westy,s or anybody else's recipes were placed on a non paying forum/website, (which it was prior to CAs takeover) with the intention of viewers, members or non members having the ability to download or share, does that not make it public domain

No, just because something is made publicly accessible does not, of itself, also place it in the public domain.  Copyright remains with the original author unless he/she has agreed to waive that right or to share it with (e.g.,) the forum owner.  Our own Ts & Cs read (in part)

14) Rights In Posted Materials: By posting on this message board, you relinquish all exclusive copyrights to any materials you Post and furthermore, you grant Curry-Recipes.co.uk non-exclusive, non-revocable worldwide, royalty-free rights to copy, distribute, display, reproduce, modify, adapt, create derivative works, and publicly perform the materials in perpetuity in all forms. This license applies to all works of authorship including, but not limited to, written materials (e.g., text), audio, audio-visual materials, graphics, and images (including, but not limited to, graphics and images used as avatars). You also grant all third parties the right to copy, distribute, display, reproduces, and publicly perform the materials you post under the terms of the Creative Commons License. Curry-Recipes.co.uk has the authority to decide to display your postings or not, and you grant Curry-Recipes.co.uk the right to modify your posts, remove offensive material, modify your post title to accurately reflect content, remove vulgar comments, remove insults, or delete any other content deemed inappropriate, all at our discretion. This clause will survive even if your membership ceases from the forum.

Note in particular "You also grant all third parties the right to copy, distribute, display, reproduces, and publicly perform the materials you post under the terms of the Creative Commons License".  Unless there is a similar statement in the dark side's Ts & Cs, then third parties (i.e., members, the public at large), do not gain that right.

** Phil.

Offline pap rika

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2019, 12:40 PM »
Thanks Phil, (the dark side) love it,

Regards pap rika
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 06:21 PM by pap rika »

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2019, 01:57 PM »
Alternatively jalfreziT, post your interpretation of the madras and give credit to Westy providing the inspiration for your take on on his recipe.  For those disaffected members from the dark side now joining CR0, firstly a warm welcome.  It will be good to see new members posting about BIR and there experiences of cooking it and mastering the art.  Secondly, don't feel too much angst about replicating information on here.  A very large proportion of the darkside's initial and subsequent content was plagiarised from this forum in the first instance, as many members from here who have visited stalag BIRCurries can testify, myself included!! And for those who don't know, Westy (under a  different  "nick") was a member here for some time before being lured elsewhere.

Offline mickyp

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2019, 02:01 PM »
Interestingly CA was always a stickler for asking if people posting "recipes" had the authors permission, which is fair and both right and proper.
Now if people on that forum develop dishes as we do by experimenting and then share the recipe and results on that forum like a :cloud: base storage, they now find themselves in a position where without paying they can no longer access their own creations / recipes,

Offline mickyp

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2019, 02:05 PM »
Alternatively jalfreziT, post your interpretation of the madras and give credit to Westy providing the inspiration for your take on on his recipe.  For those disaffected members from the dark side now joining CR0, firstly a warm welcome.  It will be good to see new members posting about BIR and there experiences of cooking it and mastering the art.  Secondly, don't feel too much angst about replicating information on here.  A very large proportion of the darkside's initial and subsequent content was plagiarised from this forum in the first instance, as many members from here who have visited stalag BIRCurries can testify, myself included!! And for those who don't know, Westy (under a  different  "nick") was a member here for some time before being lured elsewhere.

Interpretation is "cool" that would work :)

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2019, 02:13 PM »
Interestingly CA was always a stickler for asking if people posting "recipes" had the authors permission, which is fair and both right and proper.

Lip service I would say.  There is plenty of evidence where he has done the direct opposite - the expression "when it suits" springs to mind.  Enough of the darkside, enjoy everything this forum has to offer and look forward to all new contributions.

Offline pap rika

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2019, 06:24 PM »
Curryhell, you mentioned westy was once a member on this forum under a different name, do we have any links to his posts

Regards pap rika

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2019, 08:59 PM »
On this site he was known as Colin Grigson.  You can use the search facility to bring his posts.  Alas he did not post a madras recipe on here but I remember him for his simple dhal recipe - very nice indeed.  Of course, this was soon replicated elsewhere.

©2024 Curry Recipes