Author Topic: I've had an idea for a forum!  (Read 20261 times)

Offline mickyp

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: I've had an idea for a forum!
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2019, 01:30 PM »
Not bothered either way who joins, lurks or supposedly returns to cR0, as it is a free and open forum.
It would be nice to think they bring new and original content with them, to add to this resource.
But I doubt that to be the case as the Les Jones (CA) site was a blatant copy of cR0 in the first place.
Furthermore he did not break any original ground with it, just a load of expats trying to make a curry they remember eating somewhere over the rainbow.

How many of the refugees are expats and how many cR0 membars are still members of CAs site and are paying to be remainers there.

CA did do an enjoyable video of him trying to make Pilau rice
Worth a watch

https://youtu.be/uGYNuKhKDOs?t=176

cheers Chewy

__ DB your talking BS

To answer your question about paid up remainers i think very few, when me made it a pay site he granted full membership to a few core active members, he had to otherwise he would have had no "paid" up full members to show in "red" he then dumped the grace period and they all reverted back to blue, so out of it i think only one or two.
I cant get on now but it seemed to me activity had dropped a noticeable amount.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2019, 03:57 PM »
Well, that's the first time in my life that I have felt sorry for CA.  Jolly good display of archetypal British stiff upper lip, I thought.
** Phil. 
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 04:32 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2019, 05:22 PM »
Who's CA?

Offline pap rika

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2019, 07:27 PM »
I'll assume your not taking the piss!!!! (CA aka Cory Ander)

Regards pap rika

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2019, 08:02 AM »
Who's CA?

+1 - This is all water under the bridge for CR0. The subject is already generating snide comments. Let's leave the past where it belongs - in the past.

Offline mickyp

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2019, 02:17 PM »
Who's CA?

+1 - This is all water under the bridge for CR0. The subject is already generating snide comments. Let's leave the past where it belongs - in the past.

Good Idea. :)

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2019, 10:27 PM »
CAs time on here is in the past, of course, but I believe there are always lessons to learn from history. As for his forum, I had to smile when I read he was thinking of jacking it in a year or two ago, because it was taking up too much of his time,. It shares a few similarities with Andy's pathetic attempt to do better than cr0 - far too many rules and absurd restrictions, like needing to make 'meaningful' posts before being able to read much. I question his judgment, like posting a video supposedly about pilau rice and not even completing it, even if there was a gap of several weeks in the middle, due to his accident. Judgment again. How many people fall off a chair?

Offline jalfreziT

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2019, 07:55 AM »
I do feel a bit sorry for CA, as he must be the most persecuted man in home curry cooking forum history

I feel a bit sorry for him too (despite joining the many who have been on the  sharp end of his "permanent ban").

The way I see it, one person having disagreements with one or two other people on the internet is normal. But for one person to have such conflict with so many suggests (a possibly undiagnosed) mental health issue. If that is the case, and I can't see any other explanation, then I've got bucket loads more sympathy than criticism.

Offline peshwarinaan

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2019, 06:29 PM »
Just visited BIRcurries for the first time in a few months and discovered the paywall. I think it's crazy. And it's not even legal to put user-copyrighted content behind a paywall.

What the hell are they thinking? Most of us just want to cook curries.

Offline jalfreziT

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2019, 04:40 PM »
Don't sweat it Peshwarinaan  :)   The traffic on the other site is dropping quicker than a highwayman in Tyburn. You're better off here. A friendly bunch, with an adequate sprinkling of obnoxious members to keep it interesting   ;D

©2024 Curry Recipes