Author Topic: greetings from Alabama  (Read 4688 times)

Offline mickyp

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: greetings from Alabama
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2019, 10:10 AM »
hi Sverige, thank you for the welcome  :)

Garp, BirmingHAM is very much like BirmingUM... formerly an iron/steel/coal mining area, went through bad stuff, and is on a distinct upswing (aided and abetted by our craft breweries) but people who don't live here thin it's still like it was decades ago. There's lots of good stuff here, and having helped changed the beer culture for the better I can only hope to improve the curry culture, too  :D

Thats why its "His" kinda town
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoHVO1eSMFc

Online bhamcurry

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2019, 12:50 PM »
Hi bhamcurry my brother moved to Alabama about 10 years ago, he loves it over there. Lives in Athens, he coming over this year so got to get my Balti cooking skills up to scratch.

I don't know much about that part of Alabama, except that there's a whole load of thoroughly respectable craft breweries in and around Huntsville. There's even a brewery in Muscle Shoals!

If he' jonesing for some curry there are several Indian restaurants in the Birmingham area. If he wants to know more I will happily send you my email address so he can get in contact  :)

Online bhamcurry

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2019, 04:21 PM »
hi Sverige, thank you for the welcome  :)

Garp, BirmingHAM is very much like BirmingUM... formerly an iron/steel/coal mining area, went through bad stuff, and is on a distinct upswing (aided and abetted by our craft breweries) but people who don't live here thin it's still like it was decades ago. There's lots of good stuff here, and having helped changed the beer culture for the better I can only hope to improve the curry culture, too  :D

Thats why its "His" kinda town
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoHVO1eSMFc

that video... was a thing that happened  :o

©2024 Curry Recipes