Author Topic: 70's Curry  (Read 5856 times)

Offline mickyp

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: 70's Curry
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2019, 08:53 PM »
Anyone remember Leslie Crowther advertising the "Harveys Duo Can"? half curry and turn it upside down for the rice

Offline stevepaul

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2019, 08:37 PM »
Oh yeah, late 70s/80s curries. The best ever in my opinion. Thursday night out with the lads always finished off with a madras which was generally swimming in oil. Funny thing though. The following day everyone you went near usually said, "god you stink of curry". That just doesn't seem to happen nowadays. Something must have changed between then and now?

Offline tempest63

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2019, 09:04 PM »
Oh yeah, late 70s/80s curries. The best ever in my opinion. Thursday night out with the lads always finished off with a madras which was generally swimming in oil. Funny thing though. The following day everyone you went near usually said, "god you stink of curry". That just doesn't seem to happen nowadays. Something must have changed between then and now?

Possibly less booze these days. Getting the hangover sweats from a session coupled with a madras or vindaloo meant you

Offline stevepaul

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2019, 07:13 PM »

Possibly less booze these days. Getting the hangover sweats from a session coupled with a madras or vindaloo meant you

©2024 Curry Recipes