Author Topic: Chewys Tandoori Lamb Chops  (Read 4281 times)

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Chewys Tandoori Lamb Chops
« on: March 23, 2019, 12:01 AM »
Chewys Tandoori Lamb Chops

Picked up a rack of Lamb (My favourite cut for the Tandoor)
Trimmed it down into Chops/Cutlets, french trimmed Ooh la la. ;D

Marinated overnight, then in the Tandoor for 15 to 20mins.

Nice medium cook, using the look and feel of the meat.

Out and Just hanging about

Finished BIR dish ideas

1. Plated main dish, served with an Aloo Bhorta, crunchy salad and mustard mayo.
Reduced by half is a great starter.

2. Plated main dish, Chops served on a complimenting Rogani sauce

Luvley Jubbley all day long ;)

cheers Chewy

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Chewys Tandoori Lamb Chops
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 05:07 AM »
How good is Tandoori lamb?  Both of those dishes look absolutely superb CT.  I still have another 8 loin chops in the deep freeze for when I'm a bit more mobile.  I'm getting better daily but still struggle to be on my feet for too long.  Next weekend maybe.

I also picked up 1.5 kg each of reduced price chicken breast and thigh fillets so I can feel a Tandoor weekend approaching, hopefully with enough leftover to do a CTM.

The nearest I've been to an edible curry in the last month is a sausage curry and rice for dinner last week, but I do thoroughly enjoy it.  They tried to serve me something in hospital that they said was chicken curry.  It was one of the only meals I left untouched. The others were odd things they called fish fillets.  Clearly the fish were a very odd shape.

Offline Donald Brasco

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 06:17 AM »

The nearest I've been to an edible curry in the last month is a sausage curry and rice for dinner last week, but I do thoroughly enjoy it.  They tried to serve me something in hospital that they said was chicken curry.  It was one of the only meals I left untouched.

Hopefully not one of those woeful attempts at a

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 09:39 AM »
Looks great, Chewy! The recent posts of tandoori meats inspired me to go out and buy a load of chops. The marinade will be sorted later today!

PS: I also take your point in the other recent thread about 1970s-style food. Your photos above (and many other of your previous foodie photos) are illustrative of new ways to serve modern dishes using well-established recipes and techniques. Indian food doesn't just need to be about curry, rice and naan - although, nothing wrong with that either! When my stretch was still beans-on-toast, I was a big fan of Vesta Paella and Vesta Chow Mein with Crispy Noodles!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 10:10 AM by Naga »

Offline mickyp

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2019, 10:48 AM »
Looks great, Chewy! The recent posts of tandoori meats inspired me to go out and buy a load of chops. The marinade will be sorted later today!

PS: I also take your point in the other recent thread about 1970s-style food. Your photos above (and many other of your previous foodie photos) are illustrative of new ways to serve modern dishes using well-established recipes and techniques. Indian food doesn't just need to be about curry, rice and naan - although, nothing wrong with that either! When my stretch was still beans-on-toast, I was a big fan of Vesta Paella and Vesta Chow Mein with Crispy Noodles!

Vesta........absolute QUALITY  :)

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2019, 01:17 PM »
Thanks Livo, I do use other cuts of sheep, but Spring Lamb
just like Spring Chicken is the age old choice for Tandoori cooking
and guarantees  soft, juicy and delicious meats. :P
Look forward to your reports after your healing and improved mobility.

DB use Spring Lamb for tenderness. ;)

Thanks for your comments Naga, inspiration is what this forum should
be all about and look forward to viewing your dishes. :D

cheers Chewy

Offline Ghoulie

• Indian Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2019, 05:36 PM »
Did quite a lot of tandoori lamb chops recently 6x racks) using Romney Marsh lamb while I was holidaying nr Rye recently.  Used Mrs Balbir Singhs tandoori rub and recipe - absolutely delicious.

©2024 Curry Recipes