Author Topic: Is Climate Change real?  (Read 11928 times)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Is Climate Change real?
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2019, 10:49 AM »
"Afore ye go"

Offline jalfreziT

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2019, 02:30 PM »
Phil, Please forgive me if I don

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2019, 03:09 PM »
[T]here are three outcomes in these

Offline swandro

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2019, 03:26 PM »
There is a book of essays written by climate change sceptics. Go to Amazon and look for James Delingpole. You will see his book called "Climate Change - The Facts". 4 quid for a Kindle book.  It will give you an insight into the views and arguments put forward by the sceptics.

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2019, 05:41 PM »
You would really want us to believe [moderated: "someone"] like Delingpole, or any of his cronies, over countless scientists?

** edited by admin: unnecessary rudeness **
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 09:50 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2019, 09:19 PM »
There is a book of essays written by climate change sceptics. Go to Amazon and look for James Delingpole. You will see his book called "Climate Change - The Facts".

The fact that someone calls their book "X - The Facts" does not, of itself, meany anything.  Anyone can claim to write "the facts", but whether or not something truly is factual is best judged by others, not by the author.

It will give you an insight into the views and arguments put forward by the sceptics.

I do not dispute for one second dispute that the sceptics have sincerely-held views; however, unless and until they are willing to submit those views to peer review, they remain just views.  For myself, I prefer to believe those who do submit their ideas for peer review, and in particular those whose works are acknowledged by their peers as being of outstanding merit.  I do not think that Mr Delingpole's work meets either of these criteria.

** Phil.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 11:57 AM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2019, 11:37 PM »
You would really want us to believe [moderated: "someone"] like Delingpole, or any of his cronies, over countless scientists?

I didn't get that from Swandro's post at all.  He's not saying it is "fact". He is merely pointing out that the collection of essays exists. I can tell you the bible and the koran exist. That doesn't mean I believe or have even read them.  When considering anything it is important to obtain a balanced view of the countering sides of the argument.  Simply believing scientists because they are scientists is a bit sheepish.  Peer review is not necessarily scrutinising.  Scientific and medical studies can and have been deliberately structured to obtain the desired outcome.  Powerful and wealthy people and governments have vested interests and the little man will never truly know if he is being fed real information or propaganda.

We are presently copping the best antarctic blasts we've had in years.  -1'C at my house in the lower Hunter Valley 2 nights ago and 0'C last night with only 2 weeks of winter to go.  I would say though that our winters generally, are not a cold as 20 years ago and our summers are hot as they have always been.  Recent record breaking heat in the northern hemisphere is certainly suggesting climate change exists for sure.  Anthropogenic or not and / or  to what degree, who really knows?   Try to tell China and India they can't burn coal.

If the vast majority of the educated global population is of the consensus that we are the cause of the problem, then we are certainly dragging the chain in doing anything about it.  I believe the biggest problem is not just the activities of humans but the sheer number of us on the planet.  When dealing with farmed animals, the biggest contributing factor to healthy survival is the size of the populated area in relation to the population.  It doesn't matter if the area and feed is easily sufficient, but tip it the other way just a little bit and you have big problems.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 09:50 PM by Peripatetic Phil »

Offline mickyp

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2019, 11:42 AM »
You dont need to be a rocket scientist to know the climate is getting warmer, no more perma frost to kill the ants, frozen cream not forming mushrooms on milk bottles, 1963 we had snow on the ground from boxing day to April.
Like a big train once it gets out of control stopping it before it comes off the rails is not going to be easy and we i feel are loading it up for our kids to stop.

Offline ericbristow

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2020, 11:58 AM »
No, climate change isn't real.

©2024 Curry Recipes