Author Topic: New base  (Read 2678 times)

Offline madpower

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
New base
« on: April 23, 2019, 11:06 PM »
This base hits the mark for me,i dont think i could better it,it is based on a authentic madras curry recipe i came across on youtube but i changed a few things and toned it down a little,i made another 3 dishes with it today and they were full of flavor and delicious,this is one base you will not regret making

firstly make the tomato sauce  and set aside,in a blender add 2 large tomatoes,2 Tblsp of yogurt,the bottom of a red bell pepper,1 green chilli and a desert spoon of coconut block or cream,1 desert spoon of squeezed lime juice,1 tblsp tomato puree, liquidize until smooth

In a saucepan add half of a cup of veg oil and 3 onions and fry them slowly until golden brown,it takes around half hour,once the onions are cooked  add   about 10 crushed coriander seeds,the seeds from 2 green  cardamon pods a 2 inch piece of cinnamon stick,1 teja peta bay leaf,a desert spoon of garlic and ginger paste,and fry for a further 10 minutes on a low heat

stir into the onions 1 tsp of madras curry powder,1 tsp of  turmeric ,half tsp chilli powder and one tsp of mixed powder,1 desert spoon of salt ,stir spices in just for about 10 seconds and now add the reserved  tomato sauce you made earlier

cook out slowly for about 20 minutes remove the tej peta and cinamon stick and then liquidize the base until smooth,return the base to the pan and add a pint of water,simmer for one more hour and the base is ready,adjust the water and  seasoning as you feel fit

When ever i go to a new takeaway i always ask to buy some base,i have actually had a couple that have tasted like this,please dont just think here we go just another base this one is honestly closer to the mark and you will not be disappointed  i promise.                                                                                       
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 11:38 AM by madpower »

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: New base
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 11:18 PM »
Here we go, just another base  :P

Offline madpower

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: New base
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 12:47 AM »