Author Topic: Spice Labels  (Read 1825 times)

Offline mickyp

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Spice Labels
« on: May 13, 2019, 11:30 AM »
I have just changed over to kilner jars to store my spices as the plastic ones i had where no longer sealing properly.
I ordered some printed vinyl labels to put on the sides and lids, they had a few options missing such as "Mix Powder" yellow mustard seeds black mustard seeds and needless to say a few more. the pack contained 72 labels and it was just under a fiver.

I contacted the company and they said that they could print up a curry specific pack which would include the spices and herbs we identified.

I have now gone back to them and asked if they could print them in curry themed colours similar to what you get on curry paste jars.

Is this something that would appeal to our members?

I am not linked to the company and will not be getting any commission, i just like the idea of some nice uniform labels for my jars, what's your thoughts, if positive we would need to make up a list of the spices and herbs we wanted in the pack.

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Spice Labels
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 01:16 PM »
Nice idea, but you'd need to get some idea of the minimum economic print run.
** Phil.

Offline mickyp

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 02:14 PM »
They didnt seem bothered by that Phil, the only thing they did say is multiples of 12 spices / herbs per sheet , so for argument sake if your list came to 13 different items they would want another 11 to make up the second sheet.

I have yet to discuss what size labels / shape they can do, i think first we need to find colours / size /shape that most are happy with and put it to them for price etc.

I thought a label along the lines of Patacks for colour would be cool, but lets see what the interest is.

Offline bobsbeer

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2019, 08:48 PM »
Sounds interesting.  Size would be important.  I too use kilner type jars about 4" diameter so a tiny label wouldn't look good.  My current ones are just homemade jam type and hand written.  So a more professional look would be cool.

Offline mickyp

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2019, 08:53 PM »
Funny BB, i posed the idea to them but as yet no reply, i will chase them on monday.

Offline bobsbeer

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2019, 09:09 PM »
Brill.  Keep us posted.

©2024 Curry Recipes