Author Topic: tandoori paste  (Read 3486 times)

Offline cave dweller

• Chef
    • View Profile
tandoori paste
« on: July 19, 2019, 05:40 PM »
Hi guys,

I love the look of the recipes loaded here but I have a question.  Many of them require a tandoori paste  and there are a couple recommended, however I live in rural, inland Spain and there is no availability for paste to be bought. Likewise, the weight of  importing the jars makes it impractical to do this,so my question is, does anyone have a good recipe to make your own tandoori paste?   Or any other paste for that matter too.

Thanks in advance,

Lesley

Offline Donald Brasco

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: tandoori paste
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 06:42 AM »
I

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 07:07 AM »
If you spend
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 07:18 AM by Naga »

Offline jalfreziT

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2019, 11:17 AM »
I live in a rural part of a country that has a population density 5 times less than Spain and I manage to find 99% of the stuff needed. So don

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2019, 11:09 AM »
If you make up some tandoori masala you can turn it into a tandoori paste one recipe at a time by adding some oil and water fr that recipe alone. If you want a full-blown recipe for making a couple of jar's worth, there are plenty around, It will involve cooking the spices, putting into a sterilised jar and topping off with some oil. Is it worth it to go to the length of doing all that?

Offline cave dweller

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 09:20 AM »
Thanks Guys,

These ideas look good... I use the asiancookshop and have an order delivered about twice a year - it's physically getting hold of stuff that makes mail order difficult.  I live in a cave house in the middle of nowhere and anyone who has lived in Spain will know that the delivery guys just don't want to deliver. I hadn't thought of Amazon, I have a prime account so they leave it at an authorised centre, takes a week but I can at least get my hands on it  :)   Over a certain size / weight though  and they won't leave it, they call you to come and collect but you can often have a long wait ... 5 minutes in Spain is more an indication of afternoon / morning.   90% of all retailers no longer deliver to campo dwellers in this area.

I have the dried spices ( can't get tamarind extract)  but like the idea of trying to make up a paste with oil and water.  My annual curry fest is coming up so I might experiment and play around, how hard can it be?  :-\

Offline cave dweller

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2019, 09:22 AM »

©2024 Curry Recipes