Author Topic: LoveItSpicy's Chicken Chasni (Well, Almost!)  (Read 1850 times)

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
LoveItSpicy's Chicken Chasni (Well, Almost!)
« on: August 19, 2019, 09:05 AM »
I was having a flick through my curry recipes last night and came across Rich's Chicken Chasni recipe. The happy memories of a deliciously hot, sweet, creamy curry came flooding back and made up my mind for me. It was Chasni tonight!

I should have known to check my curry supplies before taking the decision. A major clue would have been the out-of-date poppadoms I opened to mop up my spicy onions. A best before date of April 2019 sounded OK right up until I took a soggy bite. Ho hum. I resorted to a teaspoon to demolish the spicy onions.

A further check of the cupboard revealed the absence of orange food colour, mango pulp and evaporated milk. The food colour wasn't a problem, and I substituted Geeta's mango chutney for the mango pulp and a lump of soft brown sugar to add sweetness in place of the evaporated milk.

The result was - delicious! Not quite Rich's Chasni, but almost! Really enjoyed it again. It's funny how favourites just drop from memory. So many curries, so little time!

Offline mickyp

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: LoveItSpicy's Chicken Chasni (Well, Almost!)
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2019, 10:58 AM »
Looks very nice Naga, stale poppadoms, are we talking home cooked or something like sharwoods pre cooked, home cooked freeze well if you haver the space and putting ones from say the day before in the oven at 55 /60 c for 10 mins will bring them back up to scratch.

Offline Sverige

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 11:02 AM »
Awesome report Naga, thanks for bringing us back on topic. Loveitspicy

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2019, 08:50 PM »
...are we talking home cooked or something like sharwoods pre cooked...

Aldi date-expired blister-pack of 8 pre-cooked poppadoms found hiding in the depths of the curry cupboard. I scoffed half the onions last night with a spoon and the rest for lunch today with cheese Doritos. Classy or what?

...Loveitspicy

©2024 Curry Recipes