Author Topic: Lets see whose dedicated :-)  (Read 5491 times)

Offline Mark J

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Lets see whose dedicated :-)
« on: March 28, 2005, 09:53 AM »
OK starting Thursday night and finishing tomorrow morning (Ive had curry for breakfast before  ;D ) how many curries have people had over easter?

I myself have had 1 takeaway curry and cooked 3 more curries (one of which will be a Thai red curry tonight from Madhur Jaffreys ultimate curry bible, sacrilege hear you cry!)

Offline ghanna

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Lets see whose dedicated :-)
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 10:58 AM »
hi,Mark J
curry every night, i am addicted to curry.
thanks
ghanna

Offline pete

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 07:05 PM »
I made the sag bhaji from the curry demo.
Also prawn balti and Veg  vindaloo
Very nice
The leftovers tasted better the next day!
 I bought loads of ghee on Friday for cooking experiments.
Having decided that they do not contribute to the missing flavour, I am wondering what to do with them!!

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 07:32 PM »
I cooked a vindaloo on saturday with a bombay potato side, I had a vindaloo takeway last night while I was out and im cooking another vindaloo tonight along with a madras.  On average I must eat 3 or 4 currys a week, more at the weekend.

Offline Mark J

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 08:08 PM »
I just cooked a chicken madras to use up some base I had lying around from previous curries and while I don't want to get anyones hopes up it seemed to have 'the taste'. I haven't actually eaten it as I made it to freeze but I did taste a spoonfull and then tasted a bit more that had fallen on the work surface.

The only difference to how I would normally make things is I used loads of garlic (4 cloves crushed and this is a meal for 1) and cooked it in half vegetable ghee/half veg oil (about 2 or 3 TBSP of each).

I wont know for sure until I actually eat the whole thing (I'm tempted now but I'm stuffed from a gorgeous Thai curry) but it seemed extremely close, as I was cooking it I thought it smelled familiar.

I will report back after eating the whole thing.

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2005, 09:14 AM »
i had a curry (vindaloo & phall)  for 5 days running ,could have sent a balloon up for a week with the amount of gases produced !!! :o

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2005, 01:09 PM »
Dedication = I have recently started keeping a log of every curry i make & write down every ingredient & method variation. "THE CURRY MADE ME DO IT !!"  :P :P :P

Keith

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2005, 02:33 PM »
I just cooked a chicken madras to use up some base I had lying around from previous curries and while I don't want to get anyones hopes up it seemed to have 'the taste'.

Mark could you give me the recipe for a good madras . I just can't seem to get it right
Thanks
keith

Offline Mark J

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2005, 09:34 PM »

Offline Mark J

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2005, 01:22 PM »
I just cooked a chicken madras to use up some base I had lying around from previous curries and while I don't want to get anyones hopes up it seemed to have 'the taste'. I haven't actually eaten it as I made it to freeze but I did taste a spoonfull and then tasted a bit more that had fallen on the work surface.

The only difference to how I would normally make things is I used loads of garlic (4 cloves crushed and this is a meal for 1) and cooked it in half vegetable ghee/half veg oil (about 2 or 3 TBSP of each).

I wont know for sure until I actually eat the whole thing (I'm tempted now but I'm stuffed from a gorgeous Thai curry) but it seemed extremely close, as I was cooking it I thought it smelled familiar.

I will report back after eating the whole thing.

OK, I have just eaten this and while this may attract skepticism it most definitely tasted 100% like a genuine BIR with that taste. I couldnt believe the smell as I microwaved it, spot on.

My gut feeling is this is based on the following factors:

Loads of garlic
Heat (I just cooked it as a meal for 1)
Not having cooked it before I eat it
Veg ghee

©2024 Curry Recipes