Author Topic: Chicken a la Chalkie  (Read 1296 times)

Offline Chalkie

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
Chicken a la Chalkie
« on: April 09, 2007, 08:37 PM »
Before I begin, apologies if this is old hat, but it's new to me.

I was watching Saturday Kitcken on the telly recently.  Some chef type did a recepie for cooking chicken.  I was doing a curry that night for me and Mrs Chox and I decided to adapt the aforesaid recepie.  It goes like this..

Get a plastic food bag.  Spoon in about four tablespoons of flour, half a tsp of salt, some ground pepper, and about a tablespoon of Tandoori Spice powder.  I used Tesco's (and I know that I will get drummed out of the Brownies for using that) but it did the trick.

I then chopped up 4 chicken breasts and chucked them into the bag with the rest, tied a knot and tossed it around for a few minutes.  I then put the bag in the fridge until I made my sauce.  The sauce is not the subject here, so use your own if you try this.

OK, that done, I have a large electric frying pan from 1960!!  I poured in enough chinese oil (with garlic and ginger) to cover the bottom and turned up the heat.  Once very hot I took the chicken out of the bag and placed it in the pan - instant araoma!!  Resisting the temptation to prod or move around, I let the meat fry for about three mins and turned over.  Another min and it was ready to serve. 

Again, sorry if this is not new, but to me I got a different way of producing an interesting curry dish that approimates to tandoori chicken in the absense of a tandoor.

Bon appetite.

©2024 Curry Recipes