Author Topic: RE-HEATING USED OIL  (Read 8791 times)

Offline joe2

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: RE-HEATING USED OIL
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2005, 08:29 PM »
>>I suggest you should be grateful for small mercies! On some forums it's difficult to get as much as a single response, let alone what you might call a dialogue going, on anything anyone says, especially if you are not part of the inner sanctum of forum members.>>

Absolutely, it looks like this forum may go the same way as 99% of internet forums.? An inner sanctum of a few chatting and answering each others posts, and if any 'outsider' expresses an opinion, its like - "Who the hell are you?" or easier still - ignore them.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 08:30 PM by joe2 »

Offline Blondie

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2005, 08:47 PM »
To Joe2,

Not to knock the points that have been made about the ills of re-using oil,  I think it may be that many of us do not know much about this side of things and others of us have been searching for "the answer" to "the taste" for so long that we want to know even if the answer is in re-heated oil which we probably accept is not very healthy, and so will not comment on the points made for fear of preventing someone from revealing the answer,

Cheers Joe2,

Blondie

Offline Mark J

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2005, 11:30 PM »
>>I suggest you should be grateful for small mercies! On some forums it's difficult to get as much as a single response, let alone what you might call a dialogue going, on anything anyone says, especially if you are not part of the inner sanctum of forum members.>>

Absolutely, it looks like this forum may go the same way as 99% of internet forums.? An inner sanctum of a few chatting and answering each others posts, and if any 'outsider' expresses an opinion, its like - "Who the hell are you?" or easier still - ignore them.
No way mate, any comments welcome and this forum hs recently really kicked off thanks to a load of new members posting, always happy to talk curry to old and new irregulars alike  ;D

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2005, 09:41 AM »
Found this picture on the web, looks like the elusive Curry Gravy we are searching for...mmmmMMMMmmmm :'( :'( :'(

Offline Yellow Fingers

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2005, 10:06 AM »
That looks like ordinary butter in the tub at the bottom of the pic. I wonder what that is being used for?

Offline merrybaker

• Head Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2005, 04:28 PM »
That looks like ordinary butter in the tub at the bottom of the pic. I wonder what that is being used for?
Butter's expensive.? Maybe margarine?? Could the milk solids burn a little and give a certain flavor. ???

Offline ghanna

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2005, 07:12 PM »
hi yellowfingers
they but the butter in chicken tikka masala, it is a Major ingredient of a gravy called MAKHANI gravy
(consist of onion ,garlic,ginger, spices ,tomatoes,cream,chillies,fenugreek leaves and butter added at the end )
thanks
ghanna

©2024 Curry Recipes