Author Topic: Chicken Tikka Masala - The Authentic Real Deal.  (Read 102273 times)

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Tikka Masala - The Authentic Real Deal.
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2010, 11:55 PM »
Thanks for posting this recipe 976bar, it's probably the best recipe I've made from here.

Did you mean to thank 976bar for posting a few amendments?

The original recipe was posted by lorrydoo.

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2010, 12:37 AM »
yeah lorrydoo lol

Offline joshallen2k

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2010, 01:50 AM »
I've been meaning to try this recipe for a while.

Question for the Brits... how big is a "tin of tomatoes"?

Here they come in 28 fl oz cans and 14 fl oz cans.

Thanks in advance!

-- Josh

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2010, 09:37 AM »
Question for the Brits... how big is a "tin of tomatoes"?

Here they come in 28 fl oz cans and 14 fl oz cans.

I regular tin here is 400g or 14 fl oz.

Offline guitarmanguitar

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2010, 08:53 AM »
Hello Lorrydoo,

I made this base sauce yesterday morning.

Then made a curry last night using left over beef.

One of the best curries I have ever had, & I've been chomping on this stuff for more than 30yrs now.

Deffo top of my list now. Thanks for posting the recipe.

CArl...

Offline solarsplace

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2010, 07:47 AM »
Hi

We (well the wife) made this recipe yesterday, and agree with everyone and say it was delicious.

Made according to first post recipe, but used a CA base ( http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=3772.0 ).

This recipe produces, what I would describe as a posh Tikka Masala, quite far removed from some of the ridiculously sweet ones that most establishments sell.

If you were entertaining for example, put this one on your list - you will impress your guests when you bring this to the table and they taste it.

(The little dark bits are the methi leaves - did not look so prominent in the flesh - wonder if they are supposed to be a prevalent? - did follow the recipe as it said)

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2010, 09:34 AM »
solarsplace,

puts me in a real quandary. i suppose the question for me is does this put at end to your CTM search.

clearly it's a top notch recipe from the reviews. as a dish for guests this has to go on my todo list albeit low down.

looking at the ingredients only the tom soup sits up as different in terms of what i've tried previously. without coconut flour then i can't get round it being BIR.

what i guess i'm searching for is anyone who has made both lorrydoo and CK's CTM http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php/topic,539.0.html
- i being very familiar with the CK's CTM.

Offline Panpot

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2010, 09:56 AM »
Solarspace, thanks for topping these posts with your photograph. Can I ask whether the oil on the surface is a direct result of the recipe or just your own preference with the use of oil? PP

Offline solarsplace

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2010, 06:35 PM »
solarsplace,

puts me in a real quandary. i suppose the question for me is does this put at end to your CTM search.

clearly it's a top notch recipe from the reviews. ... snip ....

Hi Jerry

Its a quality dish, and I really recommend it. Lovely taste and texture.

But... does it put an end to the search? - no, its just not what you would find coming out of most TA's or restaurants - and I think it needs no further elaboration to agree that is the goal we are all here for :)

It seems bad form to talk about any other recipe in someone elses recipe thread, so all I shall say on the matter is, Georges suggestion in this post is next on my personal list: http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=5115.msg49820#msg49820

The quest goes on for the perfect BIR recipe. This one is still a keeper though! - big time!

Solarspace, thanks for topping these posts with your photograph. Can I ask whether the oil on the surface is a direct result of the recipe or just your own preference with the use of oil? PP

Hi Panpot

It is possible we (well I) added a little too much ghee, there was no other additional oil added. I noticed that during cooking the dish, it appeared to go through a really big oil separation phase, which may well have been down to cooking technique, perhaps too much heat for a masala dish like this.

I'll cook it next time, and report back if there is anything else noteworthy.

Cheers

Russell

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2010, 06:57 PM »
solarsplace,

appreciate your words. i can't decide if CTM is a priority for me hence the questioning (i make a lot of butter chicken in it's place).

i do see me using this lorrydoo dish as i am convinced it would fit the bill for the BIR Heathens in the family.

best wishes,

©2024 Curry Recipes