Author Topic: Chicken Tikka Masala (from CA's recipe)  (Read 3266 times)

Offline deeboi

• Chef
    • View Profile
Chicken Tikka Masala (from CA's recipe)
« on: May 10, 2007, 02:12 AM »
I made the Chicken Tikka Masala according to this recipe(near enough lol). http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=1562.0

I did however left out these things.
Almond Powder (didn't have any)
Coconut Milk Powder & Desiccated Coconut & Creamed Coconut Block (don't like coconut)
Evaporated Milk (forgot to buy it lol)

I made the Chicken Tikka/Tandoori first http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.phptopic=1826.0 , then followed the recipe missing out the things listed above.

Here is a photo of the Chicken Tikka Masala in the pot cooking.

And here is the finished Tikka Masala on One of the plates ready to be eaten.

This was the best ever Chicken Tikka Masala I've had so I'm not even going to bother trying any other Tikka Masala recipes.I'm extremely happy with this one. ;D ;D ;D

deeboi.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 08:26 AM by Cory Ander »

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: CA's Chicken Tikka Masala
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 07:34 PM »

Coconut Milk Powder & Desiccated Coconut & Creamed Coconut Block (don't like coconut)

That's quite interesting in itself. I can't remember when it happened but I distinctly remember having a CTM one night and it had a coconut flavour to it. Previous to this all the CTMs I had eaten were definitely without coconut. I distinctly remember not liking this new coconut fad, but now I wouldn't have it any other way.
I do think that any sourness or chilli heat in a CTM is wrong though. I think it then becomes something else.

Offline bigdel90

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 10:34 AM »
Like yourself I absolutely loved this recipe.

Here's my attempt alongside Bhuna-Boys Pilau rice which I added some green and red colouring to.

My CTM was cooked using Ifondfforu's base. I left out desicated coconut and condensed milk. Because the base contained block coconut I left that out also and halfed the amount of tomato ketchup, coriander powder and cumin powder.

Turned out delicious.

Offline mike travis

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 11:45 AM »
Hi both,  ;) looks absolutely brilliant,  ;D nice pictures.....

©2024 Curry Recipes