Author Topic: Where Do I Start!  (Read 36831 times)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Where Do I Start!
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2014, 10:41 PM »
Yes, I understood what you meant by seniority; the confusion is more about whether the links can be updated.  CA's links can't (other than by a moderator or the site admin), but a new set could be created.  It's probably a worthwhile task, but if it's not to have to be done all over again in a few more years, we really need a better mechanism that can be continually updated in the light of the current received wisdom.  I would suggest that we ask George if he can take this under his moderator's wing; he could set up a "Beginners start here" thread, and because he can continue to update the first message in the thread (because he is moderator), it need never get out of date.   To make life simpler, all that might be necessary in the first place is to clone CA's post, and then the rest of us can make suggestions for possible improvements; if there is good agreement on these, then we can ask George to incorporate them.  How does that sound ?

** Phil.

Offline The Hawklord

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2014, 01:29 PM »
Thank you  - looking forward to contributing as well as learning more about BIR curries.

Offline katana6434

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2014, 05:09 PM »
Thank you for this.  Very helpful.

Offline Spicewells

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2016, 12:54 AM »
Perfect, just what this Trainee needs.  Next stop local farmer's market for some quality mutton or chicken.  Which sauce to start with?!  Thanks Cory.

©2024 Curry Recipes