Author Topic: Mango curry using standard curry base  (Read 1266 times)

Offline tripper

• Chef
    • View Profile
Mango curry using standard curry base
« on: June 15, 2007, 12:55 PM »
Hello,
I am suppose to be cooking dinner for some friends tonight and as I have some of DF's curry base left in the freezer I decided to use this up. I normally make a Jalfrezi or madras with the sauce but this time I want to do something a bit different.
Has anyone tried using Mango with their base sauces, or maybe even with some coconut milk mixed in for a for some extra taste.
My plan was to use the curry base to fry up with some oil, add some more spices similar to that of a Madras and then for the rest of the sauce add in some Mango puree and coconut milk or concentrate aswell as my curry base.
Any suggestions or tips please if anyone has tried before
thanks
Tripper
 ::)

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
Re: Mango curry using standard curry base
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 03:45 PM »
Hi tripper ;)

Where I come from, mango or mango chutney is always used in pathias, but I haven't seen a recipe online which actually uses it :-\ (actually i tell a lie, I had one once without mango in it and it just wasn't the same  :'( ).

If I were you, I'd try it in a sweet and sour flavoured curry such as a pathia.

If you give it a go, post up the recipe and I'll give it a go ;D

Looking forward to hearing your results :)

Offline tripper

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Mango curry using standard curry base
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 11:40 PM »
Thanks guys,
In the end I just put in a tin of Mango puree and also some desicated coconut along with the DF curry base I had made previously. I made two different curries one really hot and the other not so hot. I cooked chicken and prawns to give it a bit of variety.
At the time I was thinking what the hell am i doing but just went with the flow of my taste buds and it turned out to be very popular and there were empty plates all round.

I'm surprised its not something we see a bit more often.

I would recomend something similar.

thanks
Tripper   

©2024 Curry Recipes