Author Topic: Curry Kings Lamb Bhuna  (Read 52700 times)

Offline Panpot

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Re: Curry Kings Lamb Bhuna
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2008, 09:32 AM »
I made this last week for a dinner party and it was excellent. I decided to zap it with a hand blender before adding the precooked lamb This gave it the consistency I would expect from a Glasgow Bir and it was superb so thanks Curry King, I will be eating defrosted leftovers today,can't wait Cheers Panpot

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2008, 02:47 PM »
Thanks for the feedback Panpot, I don't suppose you took some pics  :)

Offline merlin11

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2008, 05:11 PM »
I made this curry and couldnt beleive that I had! , it tasted so good. this will be one of my favs i think. so thank your the recipe and for the mouthwatering pics.
merlin

Offline Curry King

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2008, 06:38 PM »
Nice one Merlin, glad it worked out for you it's one of my favorites as well ;)

Offline Panpot

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2008, 09:59 AM »
Sorry Curry King I didn't think to take the pics however the defrosted leftovers were even better. You have this one bang on thanks again

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2008, 08:27 AM »
i finally got to making this dish. i did not add the meat wanting to make sure the sauce was right 1st (for my taste buds).

this dish has got me using onion and pepper (pre fried) more in a dish rather than just making curry sauce and the results very pleasing.

in terms of the recipe - the spice does not suit my taste buds - i'm not keen on too much cumin and this taste stuck out for me. i tried replacing the spice mix with Derek Dansak's which made it more to my taste but DD's mix is more for tomato dishes and not a good match (it also moves it away from the Bhuna). i feel i would like this dish if i replaced the spice with the Kushi spice and will try on the next base or say to adjust the coriander/cumin to say 3:1 or even 5:1.

overall for those who don't have a problem with cumin then it's a very good dish.

Offline tillydog

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 10:48 AM »
Curry King

Made this last Friday, it was excellent !! It was that good the wife wants me to make it again tonight.

Cheers  :)

Offline Curry King

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2008, 11:55 AM »
Curry King

Made this last Friday, it was excellent !! It was that good the wife wants me to make it again tonight.

Cheers  :)

Great stuff tillydog, funny enough I will be making one tonight as well along with a vindaloo of course  8)

Thanks for the feedback

Offline lorrydoo

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2008, 01:37 PM »
I had my most successful curry of all time with CK's lamb bhuna, I used admins new base to make it, brilliant.

Offline Bobby Bhuna

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2008, 01:55 PM »
I made this last night using chicken in place of Lamb (bloody Iceland shut early - you get a good size pack of fresh lamb rump for 3.50 - I highly recommend it)

Anyway, the result was excellent. This is one recipe I feel really achieves 100 percent BIR quality results. The cumin and coriander as the spices work perfectly with this dish. My only tip would be to add plenty oil, as all those onions and peppers soak it up quite a bit.

I feel I'm getting there now, with my Bhuna and Korma (Georges) as good as I feel they are likely to be (in my opinion as good as a good BIR version). However the toughest nuts to crack are standard curry, Madras and Vindaloo. I still think most good BIRs attempts are better than mine... That said, I feel I am developing a nice little menu of dishes that are top notch.

©2024 Curry Recipes