Author Topic: Spice Mix (Secret Santa's) - Direct from a Restaurant Visit  (Read 4310 times)

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Posted on behalf of secret santa, original post here: http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=2091.0

2 parts coriander
2 parts cumin
3 parts Rajah curry powder
4 parts paprika
5 parts turmeric
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 07:57 PM by Admin »

Offline adriandavidb

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Spice Mix (Secret Santa's) - Direct from a Restaurant Visit
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 12:19 PM »
Which Rajah curry powder?

They make big bags of masalla, which JUST contains the other ingredients listed above: corriander, cumin, paprika & turmeric!  No point in adding that 'cos thery're all included above!

I heard mention of 'Rajah Gold' on Cr0, but cannot find it anywhere.

I've been using Rajah mild madras curry powder to mix with the other ingredients, it does contain things other than just the 'big $' listed above, so presumably it adds something.

Offline Bobby Bhuna

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 01:48 PM »
The standard talked about here is Rajah Mild Madras I believe. You can use the hotter stuff if you like, but it's less versatile. I like to leave the heat up to the chilli if you know what I mean.

I too have heard of but not seen the gold variety. If I can't find it around here (and I have looked), then I doubt the BIRs can either.

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 08:14 AM »
i was undecided which rajah to go for when i went for my 1st purchase -  the mild or the hot.

i went for the "rajah hot madras curry powder" - i've not looked back its brill.

it's not hot at all (i can taste it out of the packet no trouble) - the mild must be korma stuff.

©2024 Curry Recipes