Author Topic: A cry for help  (Read 5552 times)

Offline merrybaker

• Head Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
A cry for help
« on: April 11, 2005, 03:33 PM »
In an effort to broaden our pool of informants, I posted a message on eGullet, a very large website devoted to food (cooking, eating, writing, reading).? Many of the participants are food writers and chefs from all over the world.? I asked for help in recreating "the taste."? So far the answers have included one person agreeing that UK curries have the taste, and one person recommending Pat Chapman's "The Modern Indian Restaurant."? Oh, well, it's only been one day. :(

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: A cry for help
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 03:45 PM »
So far the answers have included one person agreeing that UK curries have the taste, and one person recommending Pat Chapman's "The Modern Indian Restaurant."

LOL, sounds about right.? ?::)

Offline Blondie

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 04:20 PM »
Hi Merrybaker,

Good idea, you never know, someone somewhere may be willing to spill the beans (that taste, it's not beans is it, only kidding) best of luck,

Blondie

Offline ghanna

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 04:36 PM »
Dear Mary 
Thank you
Please keep us informed.
Thanks
ghanna

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 07:24 AM »
I m going to pluck courage up this weekend & ask a few question & also ask if i can "quickly speak to the chef for some pointers to help me make better curries ect..ect.." wish me luck.

Offline curryqueen

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 11:12 AM »
Go for it Darthphall and good luck!  I still am contemplating on doing this at some stage, trouble is the take away we frequent won't give anything and if I go into another as a stranger then they are certainly not going to give.

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 11:38 AM »
I second that get in there ;) DARTHPHALL and ask away, its the only way.
I am just waiting till the time is right to ask mine.

S

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2005, 12:10 PM »
Its going to take courage(even for a 15 Stone Weightlifter/Bodybuilder like myself) you know the question followed by the embarrassed looks from all the staff (is the boss around ?? mmmmmm!!!) but bugger it I'm going to ask if the Tindalloo does have 1. Tomatoe puree 2. Tomtoe ketchup.& if they open to more questions the i`ll ask on !! Yep I'm going to write down questions for every time i go in & write down the answers & do this over a period of time & at the end of it we might be able to formulate "THE TASTE "!
    "The Phall bind us , surrounds us... curryfanatical beings are we not this Tikka matter!!(Yoda 1980, & by the way that walking stick of his is a branch from the now extinct Garlic tree... hehhehehehe!!! )
      Wish me luck (think positive thoughts Friday 6.30 pm as Darthy`s going in !!) 8) 8)

Offline Mark J

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2005, 12:53 PM »
For those of you that frequently use one BIR I would just let them know how often you are in and strongly suggest that will change if you dont get your way.

I would not have taken no for an answer in my local BIR!

Offline Yousef

• Elite Curry Master
  • Curry Recipes Site Owner
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2005, 03:13 PM »
There can be no escape this time for the takeaway man......

©2024 Curry Recipes