Author Topic: This may help with your cooking  (Read 1334 times)

Offline chilli head

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
This may help with your cooking
« on: November 10, 2007, 08:37 PM »
been reading on a base sauce recipe and it tells you to liquidize, I dont liquidize just blend for a few seconds then put it through a collinder using the back of a ladle if some will not go through blend again then discard (dont force it through)
Remember that texture is the secrete to a good curry.but everyones taste is deferent or there would only be one bir open. ;D.
another problem i used to get was when you increased the amount of sauce it got very thin.dont increase the water or stock buy the same amount just cover the onions.
another thing i use when making naan bread is a tin of evaporated milk then a little water if needed.nice and sweet with good texture and stops it turning into the dreaded biscuit when cooked in the oven.
sheek kababs i put all ingredients in a blender and blend until nice and fluffy (including the minced lamp).
If you make a chicken tikka masala put a little tikka massala in the meals i also put evaporated milk.

there are a few more tricks to use,i will post them as i remember them.
 i hope this helps and i'm not copying what as already been said in other posts.
 many thanks andy

©2024 Curry Recipes